Author Topic: Does this sound like a Hematoma?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline harrison

So I had surgery with Dr. Fielding yesterday. It went great and if I can judge my chest by what it looked like before he bandaged everything up, its going to look amazing! I'm a very lean person and developed gyno during puberty when I was about 13; I'm 27 years old now and thanks to this forum, finally realized it was a possibility to get rid of it through surgery.

Anyways, about 4 hours after surgery my left pectorial started to swell quite a bit; I assumed this was normal as no major pain was present. I took pain killers (Tylenol T2) that night, mostly to help me sleep. Waking up this morning I find my left side still swollen and now developing a dark bruise near my armpit. Pain is minimal and equal on both sides of my chest. I'm wondering if this sounds like a hematoma. My hotel is right near a hospital, should I go see a doctor there or should I wait until Monday morning when I can go see my surgeon again?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:57:44 PM by harrison »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If there is significant swelling on one side more than the other, it might indicate a hematoma.  This should at least be checked out by your surgeon or one of his colleagues.  If it is nothing, well then it was only a trip to the hospital.  If it is a hematoma, then it should be addressed ASAP.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline harrison

Thank you Dr. Jacobs. I waited it out until Monday and went saw my surgeon again; as it turns out, it was a hematoma. Luckily my surgeon was able to work on it immediately. The draining procedure was quick and painless :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024