Author Topic: Armpit fat post-surgery?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Whattha

• Posting Member
I have a question related to the accumulation of armpit fat. I had mild-medium gynecomastia when I went for surgery last year, a little over a year ago. I had excision and liposuction to remove the glandular tissue as well as the fat.

After surgery, I wasn't happy, I was told that healing takes months and months and had to be patient - being a perfectionist also the likelihood of me being proper happy were slim.

However, I soon felt an uncomfortable fat build up in my arm pits and down the side of my chest. I never experienced it before as I've always been fighting to gain weight. I have been going to the gym for about 6 years on and off and the area between my armpit/arm and chest was always tight.
Now however, I am not as agile (I am only 25 by the way) as a result of this fat, which may I add, has a dull pain to it. Now i've done some research, the only thing I can relate it to is something called "Axillary accessory breast tissue". Did this continue as a result of surgery or was it going to happen anyway?

It's really frustrating as I paid £4,000 with a very reputable surgeon and leader in the field and now have this problem. In addition, my nipples are still puffy and pointy and the chest has a slight sag tone to it. I feel that the surgeon didn't do the job 'thoroughly' enough.

Has anyone else had this fatty mass appear in the armpit? What did you do about it/How easy is it to remove?

Offline Nomoregyne

• Bronze Member
who did you have surgery with? Could be scar tissue...sounds kinda odd though

Offline Revis24

My aprehensivenss to go for the surgery is because of this reason. From the research I've done....I dont know how well most surgeons target the armpit/side chest area.

Offline Whattha

• Posting Member
Professor Mokbel, I am not sure if he is well known but he is well accredited and published.
I read somewhere that breast tissue can continue into the armpit area where it is anchored. I would be surprised if I was the only one who has this.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024