Author Topic: Swelling  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

up coming Friday i will be 1 month post op from having excision and lipo done.

My left side is looking perfect'ish all ready, but under my right nipple there is still quite some swelling (nothing serious, but theres quite some difference between in swelling compared to the right) I especially still feel some hard scar-tissue underneath the right side, its flattening out every day though, just hoping they will eventually end up equally.

now my question is, how long did it take with you guys before the major swelling went dissapeared? (not talking about small fragments of scar tissue but real swelling of tissue)

my second question is, i would like to start working out as i haven't, just regular cardio and light muscle training just to tone everything up, not targeting any specific groups or lifting weights or anything like that. Would this be ok after 1 month of recovery? would working up a good old sweat speed up with the swelling or will it only cause the swelling to stay longer?

cheers guys

Offline your

I have almost exactly the same problem as this so would really like to hear from any guys who had similar problems?  I am exactly 4 weeks post surgery and one side is perfect the other i have significant swelling below and to the right of my right nipple.  When I wear the vest overnight and take it off the swelling is gone but it comes back after and hour without the vest, i massaged the area for 5 mins the other day and it made it worse, although the other side is responding well to massage,

Can anyone help?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While it is normal to examine your chest after surgery, one month is much too early to make any judgments about the final outcome of the operation.  There are a great many variables which may account for slightly uneven swelling between the two sides.

Best advice is to check it out with your surgeon to make sure there is no collection of blood or fluid.  If there is not any blood/fluid, then suggest you adopt a "watchful waiting" attitude for the next several months.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Sandstorm

Mine's the same way. Right is more swollen than left. My doctor told me it's because I'm right-handed and am using my right hand a lot more than my left. :v

Offline your

Many thanks Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024