Author Topic: Scar tissue and healing  (Read 2127 times)

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone. I had surgery about 6 weeks ago.  I have a little bit of scar tissue around the part that they cut right under my nipples.  I was wondering how long it will take for the hard scar tissue to dissolve all the way?  Also could the scar tissue be causing a little swelling that will go away once it fades?

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I wanna know as well. My chest area is now half as big as what it looked like pre-op :(

It looked super fantastic awesome 1 week post-op, but the scar tissue ruined everything!!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Ya gotta give it time.

I too was very disappointed at one month. It looked so good immediately after the surgery!

But like everyone says, it takes a few months to heal. One month out is way too soon to evaluate the success of your surgery.

I'm now 8 months post surgery and subtle changes are still happening (for the better).  I had swelling for a number of months, but I am older and it healing takes longer than if you are in your early 20's.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
after the stitches are gone and the scar healing process should be taking place, does putting Vitamin E cream on it help out any?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024