Author Topic: Crater post-surgery....please help  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Mdraha

OK first thing I need to say is it's only been 24 hours post-op. I went to my doctor today thinking one of my drains fell off (which it didn't), and I noticed that my left side has a real noticeable crater. My doctor told me it'll fix itself during the healing process when he took a look at it. His exact words were "I love the results...you have nothing to worry about" but at the same time it sounded like he just didn't want me to freak out. He said "if it doesn't fix itself after healing which is unlikely, we can remove fat from your abdomen and fill that up."

However, after reading about other patients having craters, I'm seeing many responses by other doctors saying "the doctor didn't do it correctly and it needs a revision."

Which one is correct, do "craters" actually heal and look normal eventually? The worst thing about this whole thing is I'm going to a waterpark next month with about 20 friends that don't even know about this surgery and my fear was the scars. This crater is much worse. Some pics are attached.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:43:42 AM by Mdraha »

Offline to_postop

• Posting Member
If youre still creeping around can you update us? I am experiencing the same thing....

Offline CareyPrice31

• Posting Member
Do not worry! - I had the EXACT same thing post-operation. It will all fix itself with time.

I know this is hard for you to believe, and I was extremely skeptical at the time too, but it DID fix itself COMPLETELY with TIME.

Offline to_postop

• Posting Member
Hi CareyPrice31, could you please check your private messages if you see this?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024