Author Topic: Had gyno surgery today - few queries  (Read 1928 times)

Offline jimbob90

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

First time poster here. I am currently 23 and I've been suffering from pubertal gynecomastia well...since I hit puberty. After a long long wait, I finally decided to have surgery done and I had it done today.

I will post pre-op and post op pics once my bandages come off tomorrow and I wear the compression garment. In the meantime I have a couple of concerns/queries for other guys who have had surgery done.

It has been 12 hours since I came out of surgery, I know this isn't a long time yet I want to ask questions anyway, hopefully to ease my mind.

I had surgery done under IV sedation and local anaesthetic for a Grade 2 (medium) size 'breasts'.

The anaesthetic has worn off almost 99% everywhere, but the areas around both my nipples are still extremely numb, is this cause for concern? As I have heard there are chances for permanent numbness.

Secondly, peering down my bandages, I can see that my left nipple is puffier than the right one and isn't aligned, it is maybe 3-5 mm below the right now. Is this more likely to be the surgeons fault or just more swelling in the left nipple?

I have a follow up appt. with the surgeon in a few days, but I wanted to hear responses from real people who have been through this.

Any responses on this topic would be appreciated!  :)

Offline dashakp

• Posting Member
Hi I did my surgery on Nov 1st.Here is my advice. Just forget abt tht now.dont compare dont touch dont try to look into stiches. Take complete rest.

Give it time atleast 4 days.Wear garment 24×7. Dont take bath for three days. Just keep the garment with same pressure.

Wish you all the best

Offline jimbob90

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Dashakp.

I'm nervous and excited about the results at the same time. I'm trying my best to not mess with the work the first few days. Do you by any chance have pre-op and post-op pics I could look at, seeing as your results eventually turned out well?

Offline dashakp

• Posting Member
Hi

I didnt take pics after surgery.I will try uploading by tomorrow. My suggestion is dont worry abt tht now.Just be cool.( I could advise now still I know how curious you are and I was in same feeling, but was determined not to check for few days).just relax I have read tht it may take 3 months for complete recovery.

Offline jimbob90

• Posting Member
Thanks dashakp, would appreciate it if you could post the pics.

Similarly, would appreciate any more replies :).

Offline Poobs

• Posting Member
My chest was numb straight after too. Permanent numbness of the nipples is possible but you should be fine. Nipple sensation started returning for me after about 5 months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024