Author Topic: Healed on the Outside, but it looks the EXACT same as pre-surgery. Normal?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Resolve23

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I had surgery almost 4 weeks ago. Gland removal + lipo.  Dr. Fielding in Toronto.

I have done reading and hear everyone saying it can take many months to look good, but honestly I'm concerned because now that it's healed on the outside, it looks the EXACT same as before the surgery.  I at least thought the swelling would be minor, but it looks like I didn't have anything done (except gaining scars).

I am a fairly skinny guy, so it wasn't terribly large to begin with.  Currently there is firmness under the nipple area.

Can anyone set me at ease here?  Will it really shrink down that much after a few months?  It still seems to be fatty in areas and the nipples are puffy as well.

Cheers

hammer

You need to realize that your body went through hell! It takes time to recover from that!

My wife fell down the stairs 3 weeks ago Friday, she cut her hand open on my stair lift, bruised the left side off her lower back above her butt check and the small of her back is all swollen. Her hand has the stitches out but still looks like shit, the bruising has gone down as well as the swelling, but the pain level has not. She can not sit very long, and walking is bothering her.

Now think about the fact that you have surgery! I've hit my thumb many times with a hammer as a carpenter and that can take more then 4 weeks to heal.

Time to practice patients, lots of patients!

Offline Resolve23

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.  I did figure that, but at the same time I didn't expect it to look the exact same as before post-surgery.  Can the swelling really decrease that much? 

hammer

Yes! Have you been that lucky and never slammed a finger in a car door? That can swell up twice it size, hurt like hell, and take a long time to heal! The body is not indistinguishable, and I'm paying the price now being disabled for doing to many things that abused mine!

At this time, sit back read a book, look in to a sit down hobby, study the Bible, watch the TV or just relaxe.

Good luck, and congrats on your surgery!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024