Author Topic: concealing the vest  (Read 5412 times)

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
well i got the surgery on june 1st, and im set to wear the compression vest for 3 weeks. i only told a select few about the surgery (one friend, parents, grandparents). no need to tell the whole world you know?

since its summer, i cant wear a baggy sweater over the vest. my question is- how can i conceal the vest? it looks like a bulletproof vest under a t shirt, LOL.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
lol I wear a tight black wife beater over mine...its not as noticeable, and if anyone asks i say i tore a muscle in my chest lifting weights and had to get surgery.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 11:26:25 AM by captaincalboy »
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
how did it go with jacobs?

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
it went well...i just took off my bandages- i'm definitly happy. u planning on getting it too?

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
yep...june 8th with jacobs...cant wait.  glad it went well.

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
ahh thats cool. hope everything goes good with you too!

well after u get it, we can go hang out in our compression vests LOL

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
well i got the surgery on june 1st, and im set to wear the compression vest for 3 weeks. i only told a select few about the surgery (one friend, parents, grandparents). no need to tell the whole world you know?

since its summer, i cant wear a baggy sweater over the vest. my question is- how can i conceal the vest? it looks like a bulletproof vest under a t shirt, LOL.

A cynic would say, if you told one person you've told everyone.  

Bulletproof vest? Wow, my vest was paper thin, but very tight.  Where I live, it's summer all year, I just wore a t-shirt over my vest.

Offline docfore4

• Posting Member
 Can i just use an under armour instead of the compression vest after week 1? It's pretty tight on me and actually seems like it provides more compression than the vest and its less obtrusive and obvious than the vest is.

Anyone know of any pros/cons?

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
i'd stick with the vest, mine is pretty darn tight. ask ur doc

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
Best thing to do is ask ur PS...I trully think a VERY tight under armor would do the trick. I actually bought a kids XL one I wore from week 4-5 after surgery.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 03:16:33 PM by captaincalboy »

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
so i'm in day 5 post op, wearing the vest. i was wondering, how often and for how long did you guys take the vest off? ever take it off just for a little rest? or just for showering? thanks

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
so i'm in day 5 post op, wearing the vest. i was wondering, how often and for how long did you guys take the vest off? ever take it off just for a little rest? or just for showering? thanks

def take it off for showering...i dont put it back on immediatly. I use vitamin E on the scars after shower so i like to let it dry a lil. In the evenings I use scar treatment so I keep it off for another half hr or so.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:19:33 AM by captaincalboy »

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member

def take it off for showering...i dont put it back on immediatly. I use vitamin E on the scars after shower so i like to let it dry a lil. In the evenings I use scar treatment so I keep it off for another half hr or so.

yeah true. hmm what scar treatment?

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
Its called "New Skin Scar Therapy" its a topical gel.

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
hey halo...the vest jacobs gave you, is it a vest that has "straps" on it that go over the shoulders, or is it more of a "wrap" (no straps)?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024