Author Topic: Not Feeling too well, 1 week Post op  (Read 3523 times)

Offline d1st123

hey how are you guys doing its pretty late but I have been feeling really horrid the last couple days and tonight i just cant sleep because my chest is bugging me very uncomfortable,  They took off my bandages 3 days ago and I havent been wearing the compression vest because he said I could take it off, I feel my chest very swollen and lumps hard as a rock around , and im getting nautious, I am worried I did activity too early because my doctor wasnt very clear on what I couldnt do I have been having sexual intercourse with my wife because I thought it would be ok already but im worried its not, chest feels hard as a rock and my left nipple is a little puffy still what would you guys reccomend

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
PUT THE VEST BACK ON, 1 week is way to early to take it off. it is usually recommended to be worn for around 1 month. the hard tissue might be scar tissue which heals softer if under compression. also, mine are still a little puffy too, but this is supposedly just due to swelling, it happens to everyone and it will probably go away with time. i know you are worried but you should really wait 3-5 months or maybe 1 year to see the final results. just keep your vest on and hang in there
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 02:44:18 AM by tnel00son »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Put on the vest, stay on anti inflamitories for a bit and rest a lot. Do not get active for several weeks. Your body has been through a trauma. You are going to have both emotional and physical fall out from the operation. Take care of your self.

It will take months for all the swelling to go away.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It will take months for all the swelling to go away.

Everyone heals differently tho Merle. Healing times will differ greatly from one guy to the next. All my bruising and swelling subsided by the second week.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Sure, and that was highly unusual. I am glad to hear it. I will not be so lucky.

Merle

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member

Everyone heals differently tho Merle. Healing times will differ greatly from one guy to the next. All my bruising and swelling subsided by the second week.

John.

And by the doctor who performed the surgery.   The doctor I went to is known for no bruising (on women breast augs) after surgery.   I never asked him about men and didnt feel I needed too.  You could have a doc who pulls yuor skin left and right and you will be more sore/bruised than ever which of course takes longer to recover.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024