Author Topic: PLEASE Help  (Read 2296 times)

Offline rangerslinky

• Posting Member
  • =]
 :-/

Hello everyone,

I am 10 days post op and I the first week was beautiful (no bleeding, no swelling and no bruising). However, yesterday morning I woke up to find that my right nipple had bled at night and left my compression garmet bloody. Today in the morning, I woke up to find dry blood on the garmet and saw that i had a really small hole(a piece of scab broke) in which the blood came from. I wanted to know if this was normal. Most likely this happened from sleeping at night, as I turn in bed alot and maybe this caused the scab to break? Also, i took off my compression garmet today. The doctor told me to take it off on the 8th day. (he sais there is no need to have one on). How is this a hazard? Thanks for your responses.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:06:10 AM by rangerslinky »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I can't comment toomuch on the bleeding.  I would think after10 days that any incision should be closed, but I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't look infected.  Never hurts to call the PS and tell him.

The compression vest is a funny issue.  Most people on this site will question whether or not you PS knows what he/she is doing if you don't have a mandate to wear it for 3-6 weeks.  My PS had me take mine off at one week, but initially was gong to have me wear it for longer.  He thought it was trapping the swelling.  I was happy to take it off, because it ithed like hell.  Afterward the sell went down and I lost 12 pounds.  (I gained 8 PO).  I don't know if that would have happened anyway, but it seemed that he was right.  I now poke around my chest at night to soo if I feel puffy.  If I do, I wear under armour to bed and then the next day and I see improvements.  

I think there are a lot of quack doctors out there. But, if you fealt comfortable enough to have your surgery with that PS, I would listen to him until something goes wrong at least.  On this site there are a lot of people who have had two or three surgeries, and have done more research than most of us.  I pay attention to what they say, so that I ask my PS the right questions, but ultimately your PS knows more about your individual case than any of us.  Everyone will tell you that they had pain or they didn't have pain, they were flat day one or they weren't flat day one, they wore compression for 24 hours a day or 12 hours a day.  It is all different in the beginning, but most will agree that it takes 3-6 months to know if the surgery was a success.  Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024