Author Topic: only Lipo or excision is also required in my case?  (Read 3891 times)

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
I don't have puffy nipples or large areola.
pls check out pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/robertgreens/Pics?pli=1

Do I need just Lipo? or glandular excision is also required? Couple of PS suggested me only lipo where as another suggested both.
please advice.

Tony.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I think that you need to find a PS who says they will remove the gland if necessary.  There's no way they can know how much gland you have in there until they have you on the operating table, anyway.  You need to have your PS agree BEFORE surgery to check and remove gland if it's there.  If the surgeon refuses to agree to that, then I would suggest consulting with one of the many surgeons who will.  It's just common sense.   ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hi Nip,
When I asked one of the PS I consulted about this, he just told gland also needs to be removed in my case. But I wonder how he knows I have glandular tissue.. bcoz  he never asked me to get mammogram or ultrasound scan done, in fact none of the PSs I consulted..
During operation, would they make a cut around areola and see if glandular tissue is there.. wouldn't that be a mistake if glandular tissue is not there..

Thanks,
Tony.

DrBermant

I don't have puffy nipples or large areola.
pls check out pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/robertgreens/Pics?pli=1

Do I need just Lipo? or glandular excision is also required? Couple of PS suggested me only lipo where as another suggested both.
please advice.

Tony.

Your concerns are best explored during a consultation after an evaluation.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique where  I select from an artist's pallet of different techniques which can vary from patient to patient and often from one side to the other for each individual.  I let what I find during each operation guide me to what needs to be done.  To minimize recurrence, I target gland first leaving fat as a reconstructive option to permit more gland to be removed.

When there is very little gland involvment, sometimes I just need to perform liposuction alone. However, most men with gynecomastia have both gland and fat as part of the problem.  When there is a small button of gland under the areols, I typically remove that gland to minimize the problem of residual "Puffy Nipples".

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Hi Nip,
When I asked one of the PS I consulted about this, he just told gland also needs to be removed in my case. But I wonder how he knows I have glandular tissue.. bcoz  he never asked me to get mammogram or ultrasound scan done, in fact none of the PSs I consulted..
During operation, would they make a cut around areola and see if glandular tissue is there.. wouldn't that be a mistake if glandular tissue is not there..

Thanks,
Tony.

I dont think its  a mistake. The same cut is used for lipo, i believe... Anyways, most of the time its mixed case.. i.e. gland diffused with fat. So its hard to say if its just fat or gland. So the best thing to do is to cut it out. Soem of the surrounding fat is also cut out during this procedure. Then for better contour, lipo is used.
Guys , pls feel free to make corrections to my statement.

Long story short, go with a Doc who suggests Excision+Lipo.

Good luck!
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Long story short, go with a Doc who suggests Excision+Lipo.

Agreed!

There have been so many posts on how 'lipo only' did not do produce good results.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Regarding the comment from  fattgayee, as far as I know a separate incision will be made probably under the armpit to suck out the fat.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
thats probably becoz diff docs have diff techniqes... i was sharing my expeircnce. my lipo only surgery took place from incisions below the nipple..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024