Author Topic: HELP I HAVE CRATERS!  (Read 6204 times)

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
WELL I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE ON HERE, AND YES I GOT THE SURGERY. I AM ABOUT 3 MONTHS POST OP AND STILL HAVE DEPRESSIONS IN BOTH NIPPLES. LOOKS LIKE THE SCAR TISSUE ON ONE SIDE IS PUFFED OUT ON THE BOTTOM CAUSING IT TO LOOK LIKE A HOLE ON MY LEFT SIDE. IT DOESNT LOOK SO BAD WHEN MY NIPPLES ARE CONTRACTED BUT WHEN THEY ARE NOT I HAVE THESE UGLY DEPRESSIONS:(. ANY CHANCE OF THESE FILLING OUT GUYS??? I HAD EXCISION ONLY

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I've heard a couple things that can be done with this.  It depends where it is at.  Some people try to build muscle to fill in those spots, and I've seen that several plastic surgeons use different techniques to fix it including taking fat from a nearby area and transplanting it.  Did you check with your plastic surgeon to see what the revision plan is like? 

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
If you had excision only it may be necessary for a little liposuction just to contour your shape a little.  With the gland missing, if some of the surrounding fat isn't removed then a crater can appear.  Like Gabbyhey said, I've heard of moving a fold of fat over and into the "hole" to fill it in.  If you don't really have any fat there to speak of, then I suppose that's a different story.  Maybe Dr. Bermant can pick up on this and advise you better from his experience as a surgeon.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

WELL I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE ON HERE, AND YES I GOT THE SURGERY. I AM ABOUT 3 MONTHS POST OP AND STILL HAVE DEPRESSIONS IN BOTH NIPPLES. LOOKS LIKE THE SCAR TISSUE ON ONE SIDE IS PUFFED OUT ON THE BOTTOM CAUSING IT TO LOOK LIKE A HOLE ON MY LEFT SIDE. IT DOESNT LOOK SO BAD WHEN MY NIPPLES ARE CONTRACTED BUT WHEN THEY ARE NOT I HAVE THESE UGLY DEPRESSIONS:(. ANY CHANCE OF THESE FILLING OUT GUYS??? I HAD EXCISION ONLY

I have seen many such problems.  It is easier to take away than put back.  I have seen many patients after other doctors' surgery with over liposuction defects, excision without contouring, and large crater depressions.  Some I am able to use nearby fat to fill in the problem as I contour the remaining tissue.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, there is just not enough nearby tissue to fix the problem.  Taking fat from another part of the body just does not look good especially with movement.  Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction.

With revision gynecomastia surgery, I am going through scar tissue instead of virgin unoperated tissue.  Scar tissue has previously been injured wich can involve a condensation of gland with fat suctioned away, to scarred fat, fascia, injured nerves, and impaired blood supply.

However, different doctors have different techniques.  I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:39:30 PM by DrBermant »

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
my left nipple was cratered after surgery, and i was told to 'mush' the shit out of it with my palm while massaging...it worked...it detached it from the scar tissue in a matter of a week...now i have large lump of scar tissue behind it pushing the damn nipple out now...so i cant win...im 12 weeks now.   40 more to go

chocoyote

is it possible to "fill" the crater with muscle? ne nipple and the area about 2 cm is a little bit sunken and then comes some fat.
so is it possible?

DrBermant

is it possible to "fill" the crater with muscle? ne nipple and the area about 2 cm is a little bit sunken and then comes some fat.
so is it possible?

Muscle flaps are work horses of reconstructive surgery but are firm like scar, muscle, or gland and do not look like nor move like the  missing fat.  My Fat Flaps have been the best tool I have found to date to deal with a missing fat contour.  Fat that brings its blood supply is much less likely to resorb and continue to feel like and move like fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

chocoyote

so is it possible?

Muscle flaps are work horses of reconstructive surgery but are firm like scar, muscle, or gland and do not look like nor move like the  missing fat.  My Fat Flaps have been the best tool I have found to date to deal with a missing fat contour.  Fat that brings its blood supply is much less likely to resorb and continue to feel like and move like fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery
yeah,but is it possible,if i reduce my body fat and build up muscle?
i mean,the nipple is a lil bi cratered and then sorrounded by fat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024