Author Topic: How Long Till You Took Your Shirt Off In Public?  (Read 3993 times)

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
Just curious for those of you that have had the operation, how long did you wait? Did anyone notice your scars? Going to Vegas soon and I am 3 months post op, and finally these craters are filling in!

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
Guess nobody takes their shirt off around anyone but us on the board after surgery huh?

DrBermant

Just curious for those of you that have had the operation, how long did you wait? Did anyone notice your scars? Going to Vegas soon and I am 3 months post op, and finally these craters are filling in!

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique which typically has so little bruising and swelling, that taking the vest / shirt compression garment off and showing how the chest looks the day after surgery in a mirror is part of the emotional healing process I bring my patients through.  Seeing the changes even the day after surgery can help.  However, the tissues need time to heal and Compression Garments help with many factors.  Going without anything on can interfere with healing.

Tissues do change over time.  Some small crater deformities will fill in, to a degree.  For other large crater deformities after gynecomastia surgery, the deformity is just too great. Here is another deformity complication after another doctor's agressive liposuction.

Posting standardized male chest photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline MSJ108

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Well i'm at about 2 months and a couple of weeks.  I probably wont take my shirt off in public until about feb 09.  Mainly because I don't want any UV on the scars.  At the moment, although my chests looks much better than it did pre-op, my nipples still have that "operated on" look, which makes me a bit self conscious.  And there is a bit of scar tissue about as well that's causing some minor puffyness. 
I'm not worried though, I know they will heal up and look fine over time.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
Well i wore my compression vest for 1 month, and stage 2 for 3 weeks after, wearing my stage one ontop at night.
then after that, i think it was about 2 months post op that i went topless. twas amazing.

now i pretty much only put on a top when im going to work or in uni. friends of my housemates actually call me "the topless guy" lol

such a good feeling as you forget you ever had it, and when you remeber your like, wow i couldnt imagion wearing nothing over my torso 5 months ago lol

p.s my tops off now, off to soak up some rays and play footy

Offline MSJ108

I already take my shirt off even thought I am only few week post op

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024