Author Topic: Hot flashes and night sweats?  (Read 3729 times)

Brdy64

They "go together like a horse and carriage"  "you can't have one without the other"
Yes indeed, oh well. 😉

Brdy64

Talked to my doctor about my Flax seed smoothies.
Don't take more than the 2 tablespoons twice daily that I already am and I should be fine. Definitely safer than hormone replacement therapy.
If it's working for my hot flashes then we'll just keep it up. I should however know that it's changing my estrogen levels, and I might expect more growth.
It will, and has helped my arthritis, and should help with slowing my bone loss.
It's all natural, and if it's working don't stop. 😉
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 03:42:25 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Orb

Glad your finding relief.  I haven't had any for a long time and am glad to have moved past that.  

Brdy64

I told the bus driver about my flax seed smoothies. She said, "that will raise your estrogen levels" with a knowing smile. 🙄

p.r.1974

I will see how it goes with the flax seed. I sometimes sweat at night, but I have not noticed hot flashes in general. I took some last night and tonight, and didn't sweat last night. I am not sure if it was just incidental, but we shall see.

Brdy64

I will see how it goes with the flax seed. I sometimes sweat at night, but I have not noticed hot flashes in general. I took some last night and tonight, and didn't sweat last night. I am not sure if it was just incidental, but we shall see.
Hope it works out for you. I'm getting great results, and my daughter swears by it as well. 
I used to get several hot flashes a day, and night sweats every night. Now I'm completely clear, as long as I don't forget my smoothie. 😉

Brdy64

Flaxseed is working well for me. 
I also find I have much more energy now, and I'm sleeping less. 
I feel great, like I haven't felt in years. 👍

Bras are too tight and getting tighter. Oh well 🙄

Brdy64

I'm taking a total of 4 tablespoons per day, so I am talking quite a bit. 
It's packed full of phytoestrogens, so I'm really packing them into my system. It's all good, as long as the hot flashes don't come back. I don't mind the estrogen. 😉

Brdy64

Hi guys and Gals, 

Just an update on my Flaxseed smoothies. The high phytoestrogen levels are really helping me. My doctor said not to exceed 4 tablespoons per day, but I have had a few very mild hot flashes at that dose. 
I am going to increase my dose to 6 tablespoons per day to see if that helps. 
My body is craving the estrogen, I'll give it what it wants. :-*

Thank God those knee buckling hot flashes and night sweats are over. The couple I have had were barely noticeable. 
The girls will appreciate the extra estrogen as well. :o

Night y'all :-*

Brdy64

The science is in, I missed my Flaxseed smoothie dose this morning. Oh wow am I having a hot flash!
I really haven't had much of them until this morning when I missed it.

I take 3 tablespoons twice a day. It is insanely high in phytoestrogen. 😉

It works wonders when you remember to take it. 🙆‍♀️
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:17:24 PM by 💁Birdie💖 »

Brdy64

At my doctor's appointment yesterday my hormone levels were mentioned again. They are going to draw blood next Monday to review them again. 
The doctor suggested possibly HRT, and I refused testosterone treatments. The only other solution he had to my hot flashes was a prescription to "birth control pills"?

That might be interesting. I did tell him I have been taking large amounts of flax seed, and it does work. You know doctors, they would rather throw prescriptions at you. 

Offline taxmapper

Well once the dust settles on the insurance switch, Ill try again to find a primary. 
(haven't had one in about 25 years.) 

There are other things I am finding out about myself, and outside that I have a full working male side of things, I still cant get past the internal desires that I have felt all my life. 
They are odd sensations to say the least. 

If they were to tell me to go on HRT, Id ask.. which way? 

Brdy64

I still cant get past the internal desires that I have felt all my life.
They are odd sensations to say the least.

If they were to tell me to go on HRT, Id ask.. which way?
Internal desires were quite the struggle for me all my life. 🙄
They still are as I try and figure out where they fit in my new leaf.

When HRT was mentioned I refused testosterone before the doctor even mentioned it. 🤣

After some thought he brought up birth control. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about estrogen at first. 🤔

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Have started the flaxseed route 
After one week no noticeable relief from the hot flashes 
‘Will endeavor to persevere’ as the line goes but I am not going to hold my breath  
Had my endocrinologist appointment 
now a whole new raft of test to complete… same diagnosis of hypogonadism but I did get a “ I have never seen such a rapid and deep loss of testosterone “ 
She seemed to not understand that the constant hot flashes are what I want relief from, not the gynecomastia 

Regards, Bob 
Regards, Bob

Brdy64

Have started the flaxseed route
After one week no noticeable relief from the hot flashes
‘Will endeavor to persevere’ as the line goes but I am not going to hold my breath 
Had my endocrinologist appointment
now a whole new raft of test to complete… same diagnosis of hypogonadism but I did get a “ I have never seen such a rapid and deep loss of testosterone “
She seemed to not understand that the constant hot flashes are what I want relief from, not the gynecomastia

Regards, Bob
Amazing that the 6 tablespoons per day of flax seed I'm taking really works for me.
I do hope your doctor figures out something to help you out. 
Those hot flashes are not fun, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. 

The whole thing is caused by hormones being out of whack, she will just have to try and get them leveled out. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024