Author Topic: Karidis surgery yesterday - how it went  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Frost7

Hi,

Quick question, what do you have to wear exactly in the theatre you said you had to change? Im having my surgery in the coming weeks. Thanks.

Offline med51

• Posting Member
You keep your boxer shorts/briefs/whatever on, and put on a robe they give you, along with some long socks (aiming to prevent blood clots). Having all this on, you will leave your room and get down to the theatre. Hope this helps.

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
its all provided for you. just like med said, thats what you will wear. you wont be in it long though and its just the standard clothes you were in the hospital. dont worry about it.

Offline med51

• Posting Member
Two weeks tomorrow morning. Everything is fine. Full movement of my arms without any pain, the chest appears to be absolutely fine, and no soreness. I can feel some scar tissue underneath my right nipple in particular (really hard), and have just massaged it for the first time using E45 (suggested by Vanessa). Am not entirely sure how rigorously I should massage it, and for how long - any tips greatly appreciated!

I have got used to the vest - so much so, that sometimes I feel that I do not have it on. In fact, I have decided to wear it for another week (even though Karidis said that wearing it at night would be fine), as I feel absolutely fine with it, and I reckon it could not do any harm. I shall only take it out in gym where I shall have a nike pro t-shirt on.

Am going to the gym tomorrow for the first time for a light cross trainer session. So far, so very very good.

Offline alexuk

Well Done, good to know your recovering well.

I have a question, how long is the operation itself?

Thanks

Offline med51

• Posting Member
About 40 minutes. I cannot stress how it feels like no time at all - or rather, it feels like you were asleep for a couple of seconds.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024