Author Topic: Surgery at the Noa Clinic, Wroclaw, Poland, 23/02/2015 UPDATE revision 03/2017  (Read 52203 times)

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
3 weeks yesterday. Everything healing externally, although the vest is drying my skin out and causing redness/irritation. Beneath the surface things are a bit annoying but I expected that - there's a good crescent of scar tissue under each nipple although I'm at the point where I feel comfortable starting massage, so I may begin to get the Bio-Oil out and start seeing if I can break any of it up. As you can see it's quite prominent as I'm still pretty lean.

At least my nipples are in the right place now and there is still a massive improvement from before...

hammer

You look like a new man! Congrats!

Be sure to follow your post op instructions now to help your recovery go good! I just started my 6 month recovery from my 3rd back surgery and I'm not looking forward to all the restrictions, but some of them never will go away anymore for me, but for you, you still have a lifetime of fun ahead of you so don't scwew it up now, do what you need to do and enjoy the rest of your life later, congrats again!

Bob

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
I don't think there's much to screw up luckily. I haven't done anything physically strenuous for nearly 4 weeks now, and don't foresee exercise creating any issues. Just have to wear the vest for the recommended period of time and let things heal with time, I'm quite sure the scar tissue will break down and the skin will tighten eventually. Looking forward to being able to go to the gym again soon, feel weak and flat.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Week 4 from this Monday past:

Vest is starting to irritate my skin a bit from being on constantly. On the plus side, I trained again for the first time in over 4 weeks today. No problems squatting or benching... just... weak. That'll come back though.

Underneath the nipple still swollen/hard. Hopefully that will bugger off sooner rather than later.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
5 weeks. Swelling has gone down a bit but is still visible, especially on the left. Things still don't look quite 'right' but I've read enough post-surgery experiences to know I just have to be patient. Making some gains will fill me out a bit too.  ;D

hammer

You are right, you need to be  patient! In time the swelling and evidence of surgery will go away!

I'm 3 weeks out from my 3rd back surgery and I have 6 weeks of no bending or twisting, 6 months of no lifting more then 10 lbs! I know the struggle of patients very well!

Good luck, in time you will look even better then you are now!

Bob

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
6 weeks. Ditching the vest(s). I don't really feel like they're doing much now. Haven't taken any pics as there's not much to show - my nips still look a bit weird, going to take a while for the loose(r) skin on my chest to tighten (I hope!) and obviously still some swelling. Not really getting the feeling of the nerves reigniting now... that was interesting the first few weeks, Bio-Oiling myself 1-2 times a day.

Anyone want a Macom vest size Small!? £49 new plus postage usually and I have two, so you can make a big saving (they have been washed thoroughly!) as I'll probably post them for £10-15.

Also close to 1000 views in this thread, pretty cool - hope I've helped some people out.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
7 weeks? Crikey, time goes by quickly. Question for others - how long generally did it take for your bewbs to feel completely 'normal' by which I mean no tenderness/swelling/hardness?

Need to eat more - now the gym is back in full swing my weight's either static or drops a tiny amount, despite upping my cals. Strength is returning though - my olympic squatting and deadlifting is coming back great, as is my overhead pressing. Bench seems to be a bit slow but it's never been a good lift for me. Prone barbell rows coming back nicely. Can starting weighing myself down for pull-ups too.  ;D

Another couple of weeks and I can go swimming when my parents have a spare pass for their gym, which is nice.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Over 8 weeks now. Feels like I've got jogger's nipple at the moment - they've gone pretty sensitive! 2 months down... probably another 4 for things to settle?

Over 1000 thread views too, pretty cool!

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Is it 9 weeks + now? Anyway, got some pics:

Current nippy scars::

Some angles:

The left side is still more swollen than the right, but the right has this not-cool 'sag' which I'm assuming is loose skin:

Still, looking back at the older pics the swelling's gone down. I assume the loose skin will hopefully tighten up over time and with some lean mass gains in the pecs and back it'll hopefully make things a bit more taut. Under the nipple feels quite hard atm which is scar tissue I suppose. Got to be patient I guess.

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
Good write up. I did consider abroad but I am quite overweight and knew that I would need the gland removal and scone Lipo sculptoring so went with levick. I'm paying monthly so won't feel a big difference. Your results look really good too. 

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Cheers.
Adam is in the UK in a couple of weeks to do consultations and I've booked in a (free) aftercare checkup - just have to nip into central London Saturday morning and see how he thinks I'm healing.

My left side definitely still looks worse than my right - more puffed out and lumpy looking - and they still feel sore occasionally. Hoping they level out as I know I had more taken out of the left side. I wouldn't have minded a bit more lipo in addition to the gland removal too on the area that runs along the line of the pectorals... I was kind of hoping I'd see the pec as-is rather than sort of still masked by adipose tissue but I'll see how things look in a year when the skin has tightened a bit more and I have more muscle to push it against it.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Okaaaay saw Dr. Adam K. He agreed the left side has noticeable swelling compared to the right, however we both also agreed it's only 4 months so I'm happy to see how it evolves over longer term, then if it's still bad after say, a year, he'll fix that up for free although it means flying back over there for a 15-20min procedure(!)
That said, it was suggested I perhaps try getting some lymphatic drainage massage done locally to see if I can release some of the swelling. Might ask my GP about a Kenalog-type injection as well but they'll probably be useless...

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Not much to report, hence lack of updates. Will take some pics at some point. Left side still puffed out a bit. Still some minor soreness (like 2/10 on the scale). Slight t-shirt/vest tan from the brief bouts of sun we've had since I can't leave the nips exposed to the sun.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Did a #throwbackthursday #tbt that has some new pics:

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024