Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1860 times)

Offline meekeey

• Posting Member
Could I get a hormone level test from my local GP if i requested it?

Like, just say I am insecure about my chest area, I was reccomended to get my hormone levels checked, would this be okay?

Thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think most Doctors would oblige if you asked.

The key is that you must honestly let your concerns be known and not try to fabricate a reason.

On the problematic side, The "Normal" ranges for some tests might be so broad as to include everythin from a teenager to an eighty year old. You will want to be sure the results are age adjusted as needed. This is one of the reasons why it is often recommended for these test results to be evaluated by an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline meekeey

• Posting Member
So they wouldn't have a problem as long as I was honest about my reasons for wanting them?

I would say that I am concered about my chest and I was reccomended, also that it's causing too much stress...especially with summer comming up.

They wouldn't mind?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm sure the Doctor would not mind at all. Depending upon what he finds out in the course of a physical examination, He may order the tests anyhow. Conversely, he may tell you that the tests would be needless in his opinion. But the bottom line is that he wants you to be happy.

What have you got to lose?

Good Luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024