Author Topic: Just a Quick Question  (Read 3071 times)

Offline HoorayHoorayHooray

• Posting Member
Hi, I just wanted to know whether your gland is removed like it's one chunk of breast meat or is it like all mushy or what? Let's say a doctor was to remove it, would it be like an incision somewhere and then he carefully extracts a chunk of meat or is it a matter of how much he can get out depending on his skill?

Let me know if this is hard to understand.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
a better answer than mine from a dr could follow. 

the "glandular" kind, which is denser, is basically taken out as single chunks, which you'll see in occasional slightly disgusting post-op pics.  the softer stuff is sometimes taken out with lipo, kind of like vacuuming out with a thin straw as i understand it, but that doesn't always take out the structure well with the fat content.

how neatly it comes out is another story.  i speculate only that it might be like cutting the top out of a tomato, if you do it delicately you can take out the roots without too much tomato with them.  they probably spend more time on it than that ;)   but i'm going to watch other replies with interest too. 

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

Hi, I just wanted to know whether your gland is removed like it's one chunk of breast meat or is it like all mushy or what? Let's say a doctor was to remove it, would it be like an incision somewhere and then he carefully extracts a chunk of meat or is it a matter of how much he can get out depending on his skill?

Here is a Gland of Gynecomastia Picture Gallery showing typical tissue removed during my surgery.  Yes, this is a special skill on how the gland is removed and different doctors use different techniques.  The gland itself can vary from firm rubbery to soft fatty in feeling.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
that question almost made me throw up in my mouth

Offline HoorayHoorayHooray

• Posting Member
Ok so from my understanding, in terms of taking out the glands, it's a matter of whether you can get it out or not and not how much of it you can get out right? Since it's a chunk and not a bunch of grainy fibers?

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
Thanks for the before and after pictures on your site, DrBermant.  It makes me very hopeful.  :)

Here is a Gland of Gynecomastia Picture Gallery showing typical tissue removed during my surgery.  Yes, this is a special skill on how the gland is removed and different doctors use different techniques.  The gland itself can vary from firm rubbery to soft fatty in feeling.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
How did Dr. Bemant remove that thru such a tiny incision ? Some of the pics look like a piece of steak.

DrBermant

Ok so from my understanding, in terms of taking out the glands, it's a matter of whether you can get it out or not and not how much of it you can get out right? Since it's a chunk and not a bunch of grainy fibers?

The amount of gland removed does count.  Gland feels and moves like gland.  Fat feels and moves like fat.  On animation and compression, remaining gland can distort a cut look.  That is why I post Standard Gynecomastia Pictures with the hands up over the head and with muscles relaxed / flexed.  Standard Movies Before and After Gynecomastia Surgery are even more telling of subtle issues.  That is also why I prefer to target gland first with my Dynamic Technique and then use my artist's pallet of tools to contour the remaining tissues.

Thanks for the before and after pictures on your site, DrBermant.  It makes me very hopeful.  :)

You are quite welcome. However, the pictures on my website are typical for my patients with my techniques.  You should always look carefully for before / after surgery pictures from the doctor you are considering.

How did Dr. Bemant remove that thru such a tiny incision ? Some of the pics look like a piece of steak.

It does take quite a bit of careful work Removing a large gland through a tiny incision. The result is:

• A much smaller scar than what many doctors make for just performing liposuction.
  • And the scar is hiding in a natural feature of the body.
  • Only one scar per operative side.
  • Gland targeted first so tissues can move naturally.

Yes, the pictures are graphic in nature.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024