Author Topic: Gynecomastia Worse After Eating  (Read 2404 times)

Offline sryan423

I have mild gynecomastia (confirmed by a plastic surgeon) and would like to know if the feeling I get after eating (gynecomastia gets worse) will go away after surgery.
I'm weighing the feeling I get with the risk of making the gynecomastia worse with surgery.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This is a question I have never heard before.  To the best of my knowledge, gynecomastia does not change according to what one has eaten during their last meal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline sryan423

Thanks Dr Jacobs.
It may not actually be getting worse, but it feels worse.  It is the bloated feeling I hate the most.  It also gets worse when the weather is warm.  It looks and feels better when I'm cold.
Do you have a recommendation for a surgeon in Colorado Springs/Denver or Memphis?
I spend a lot of time in both locations.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, I don't personally know any surgeons in those areas.  Suggest you visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and search their website for board certified plastic surgeons in those areas.  Then, check out their websites and search for before/after photos of gyneomastia patients -- there should be a lot.  Then visit at least two and preferably three surgeons to get their opinions -- this is money well spent.  And finally, you can pose questions on this forum as well.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I have never heard of this either. I cannot understand why this would happen unless it has to do with the amount of salt you are eating and subsequent fluid retention.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Dr. Shuster has hit on the issue that I've had patients comment on, since often, bodybuilders are especially sensitive to fluid fluctuations relative to salt and carbohydrate intake. They will describe more discomfort and greater visibility of the condition when they are "bloated" by salt or carbohydrate ingestion.  It's not a common complaint, but one that I've heard before.  
I also don't know any surgeons in those areas.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024