Author Topic: Who is THE best gynecomastia surgeon in the US?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
Simple question: who is the best gynecomastia surgeon in the United States? I heard a lot about Dr. Bermant, but I know he retired unfortunately. The techniques he has on his websites are incredible. I wish I had decided to get the surgery when he was still around.

I live in MO, but I don't mind going anywhere in the US for the finest surgeon the US has to offer, so who is he? I'm not rich, but I can't imagine the idea of having permanent scars on my chest. I was not happy with the opinions I had here; they want to do bigger incisions and I was hoping for that minimally invasive "pull through" technique for the smallest scars possible.

Any ideas? P.S. It's OK for doctors to post if they have what it takes to say they are one of the finest in the country. No matter where you are, I'll come and see you.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:38:15 AM by imtakinemout »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no BEST surgeon in the US for gynecomastia, but there are a heck of a lot of really good gyne surgeons.  They sub-specialize in gyne surgery and they are scattered around the country.  Many of them either post or sponsor on this forum.

You are wise to look for an expert -- the first operation is always the best opportunity to get the very best result possible.  After that, it is playing catch-up.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
Thank you.
Any opinions about Dr. Mordcai Bla.u (NY) vs Dr. Pensler (Chicago)?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dr. Pensler has an excellent reputation as a surgeon and has been a major contributor to this forum.

I prefer to keep my opinions about the other surgeon to myself.  However, just be aware that he was banned from this site some years ago.

Dr Jacobs

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
BEST has apparently different meanings to different patients. The original poster seems most concerned with scars. Scars are the least of my concerns. The most expeditious way of removing the tissue such that both breasts will be small and look about the same size is most important to me. As important is recovery time - whatever technique facilitates this is my option.

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
Dr. Pensler has an excellent reputation as a surgeon and has been a major contributor to this forum.

I prefer to keep my opinions about the other surgeon to myself.  However, just be aware that he was banned from this site some years ago.

Dr Jacobs

I heard he was banned because he was taking everybody else's patients?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Whoever you choose, be sure that he (or she) performs a lot of gynecomastia surgery, You should look  for a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. And you should ask for and review patient photos.  
Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
Best of anything is a very subjective call.  With something like a surgeon you first want someone who is very good at what they do and probably someone who specializes in a fairly narrow field.  Next you want someone who you like, feel confident in their abilities, and that they care about you as a patient.  I think everyone knows someone whom is extremely competent in their field and yet they are a total putz.  You don’t want that if they are cutting on you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024