Author Topic: How much compression in the chest is ok?  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
How much compression from say a compression shirt or athletic bra can you take?  There are days I just plain don't want to be compressed, it is just plain uncomfortable.  If I don't have anything, it is uncomfortable unless I hold them (mainly my left side which is a tad bit larger than my right).   I always read reviews on bras and look for women complaining the bra is too compression or flattening.... Maybe it isn't what I need now...

Is this typical of most people?

I don't have any regular bras, haven't gone there yet, just athletic and compression shirts.  The shirts are ok for sleeping, but the athletic bras are just more comfortable for day to day, the shirts just don't do enough.  But sometimes I just see why women wear regular bras, lifting them up and in is just a lot more comfortable than squashing them flat (other than the obvious to make them more noticeable).    

Nothing really seems to work as well as a bra....  Grrrrr.....  I guess it is/was designed right....

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I'd assume that if its uncomfortable, its not good for you.

And really, its not worth the suffering. I'd just wear what I needed to wear.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I think it is strange how some days it doesn't bother me at all, some it is just annoying. 

I'd assume that if its uncomfortable, its not good for you.

And really, its not worth the suffering. I'd just wear what I needed to wear.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Could be a lot of things. The shirt you wear over it. How much activity you do, the temperature of where you're at.

Might not want to admit it, but there is a reason that the ladies have so many different types of bras for different purposes and shirts/tops.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
That is what I was starting to wonder.  You see some bras are just lame for support, some are very supportive, but yet all are popular and for sale and stay in stock. 

I guess baro pressure can play into it too. 

Could be a lot of things. The shirt you wear over it. How much activity you do, the temperature of where you're at.

Might not want to admit it, but there is a reason that the ladies have so many different types of bras for different purposes and shirts/tops.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024