Author Topic: Bra Options  (Read 18580 times)

Offline gotgyne

I also don't like how JMS is treating males with gynecomastia who wear a bra. They seem to think that we're all nuts or fetishists. In 2009 I sent a review of a sports bra to HerRoom, mentioning that I'm a male with gyne. It was published immediately.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

hammer

I don't know if I can do anything on face book as I do not have a FB page as I swore off at the social medias. This is one is the only forum that I belong too.

Here I go again showing my age, but maybe we need to have a major movement here, and make some changes! We all need to submit reviews on bras and state that we are males with gyne! They may be so overwhelmed that they may feel a need to design bras to fit our needs! If they see there is a great need for a market, the attitude just might change.

I did invite them to look into gyne already, as I told them I believed that they would benefit greatly from posting my review, that stated my situation and explained the we are many. So some more reviews whether you bought a bra recently or not may prove beneficial.

It has been said, the pen is mightier then the sword!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:52:13 PM by hammer »

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I look for reviews buy guys with g.  But the many reviews of guys who are doing for other reasons tend to blanket a ban on all men.

The funny thing is these brands tend to ignore men (Playtex I tried to get ahold of was not interested in helping at all), but think of the % of market.  Right now they market to only 1 gender.  But there is a LARGE population of men and as men get older g is a likely thing, and there are some who will buy the brands who are open to them.  Like Enell.  They are very kind and supportive about it. Just very very slow to respond. 

Offline KitMayer12

• Posting Member
If your girls are a 'D' cup or above (like mine), I recommend either Soma or Cacique for bust relief. They've also got crossers that don't go 'skiing' down your arm, which I dislike. But basically, any decent-fitting bra should work.

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
I'm sort of new to the bra wearing deal.  Went to the store and purchased the Just my size 1256, 46 d.  Alright!  great support.  No more neck and back pain.  Go to the store.  Purchase the same make bra but in a style 1100 and same 46d size.  The cottin pickin thing is too small.  Band is OK but the rest of it does not work.  If you find a bra that works, stick with it.

hammer

I find the same problem, however, I have seen it in other cloths too. It may be that high quality of workmanship that there is now days and all the pride that goes into the work! Ha! Ha! LOL!

The next bra that you try may be to big even though it is the "same size"!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Hey Yankee.  Brother, don't get me started on the workmanship these days.  We have a store here called the Bra Lady.  Think I'm going to call them and get an appointment for a fitting.  This Bra deal could get real expensive.  Hope your having a good one.

hammer

Linda the Bra Lady, that would be the way to go, get a fitting! The one thing that I don't agree with their sizing is, they say not to add to the band measurement. Example, mine is 46 on the nose, so they say go with 46, some say add 3 to 5 inches. I add the 3 to 5 so it isn't so tight Bra Lady says the band provide most support so it needs to be tight! I don't like how it feels on me all day.

I have been having some good days spiritually! The pain level is up, but I have been having fun! I have been using my master carpenter skills on my own home again finally. We are remodeling the kitchen. In August I put in new hand made custom counter tops, yesterday we got the ceramic tile back splash installed, still need to grout that. this summer our oldest daughter is going to do the painting. She was on the paint crew at collage, so I get out of that. Then there is window covering and ceramic or clay tile floor at some point and time. Debbie will need to do that as I can't kneel on my metal and plastic knees, but I will do the cutting.

I can only work on these projects for an hour or so every few days as my back and others areas of the old body give out! So it does take a long time to get things done, but we both are very patient, and save a lot of money doing it our self, and it is what I did do for a living before becoming disabled. Debbie is real good at doing a lot of the stuff under my direction, and me doing the cutting.

Have a grand and glorious day!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Geeze Hammer.  This is crazy.  You live way up north and I live in the south.  Other than that, our lives are amazingly similar.  We both have the gynecomastia.  We both have military experience.  You were a farmer, I had a moment of weakness when I retired and purchased a farm so now I ARE ONE.  I have been in the building industry either full time or part time most of my life.  I have completely rebuilt this house we purchased as you have rebuilt your home.  You have a International Cub, I have a International Farmall 140 for my cultivation work.   Wait for it, I drive a 2001, one ton Dodge Van, you drive a full size Dodge Van. What the hell do you look like?  Are you kidding me????  If you tell me your a drummer,   play guitar, or bass I'm gonna start thinking someone split use up at birth.  Have a goodun yankee.   

hammer

As for farming, I just did it on my uncles farm during the summer as a kid and young man, but man did it make me strong!

As a matter of fact, I did play guitar, and organ!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
I don't wear the bra full time.  I wait until the back and shoulder pain really starts to bother me.  I will say this to the bra deal.  I did not realize how heavy these things can be until the first time I put the bra on.  Who knew?

Offline TigerPaws

LoL! I understand completely every manufacturer is different even within their styles. At first it was difficult to try on various sizes and styles but now, not so much. My lady friends usually accompany me as they know best what will fit and feel better on me.

As for show through you advise is right on.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have experimented with size some, 38c is generally a great fit

for me nowdays, seem like losing weight is helping band size, cup is going up some.  Joy....  

But yes size is crazy between manfs and even styles...  Nuts is a compliment!  

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:04:04 AM by Bman41 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Katymoobs,

Have not heard from you in years, Welcome back.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024