Author Topic: Gynecomastia and cross dressing  (Read 9408 times)

Offline gotgyne

I'm not having a go at you gotgyne, but for what it's worth "Wants to appear as a member of the other sex" is only one definition. If anyone could see me now, visibly in jeans and t-shirt, and unable to tell what I am wearing underneath, am I crossdressing or not?
Aussie, to answer your question, in my opinion you're not crossdressing. But I admit, I'm using my definition of cross dressing. Why is there no crossdressing in women (with rare exceptions)? It is not, because women who wear a necktie for example are identifiable as women nevertheless. Another reason is that women have occupied over the centuries nearly all male clothes for themselves. There exists a complete opposite definition of crossdressing, which states that every piece of clothing or underwear which belongs to women is crossdressing if it wears a man. Following this definition I'd be a medical-based crossdresser with my compression stockings or pantyhose. A man who wears a bra for support would be a utilitarian-based crossdresser. But for me this makes no sense.
I value especially that all members of this forum discuss these topics without banning someone who has a dissenting opinion. A controversial discussion is necessary to see other positions and it is never a problem if it remains polite.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

At the moment I'm wearing my favorite brassiere and a turtleneck that enhances the appearance of my breasts.  I've posted photos of that combination.  I'm quite mesmerized by my appearance in this outfit, though I have no intention of applying makeup or even leaving my home dressed like this.  This is more than utilitarian comfort.  It hints at an erotic edge.  It is all perfectly fine... no excuse, no explanation... just me being me.
42CSuprise!, the bra and the turtleneck suits you perfectly.
This is me with a 38C soft cup bra with shirt (summer) and sweatshirt (winter).

aboywithgirls

Gotgyne,
First, I think that you have a nice figure. You are wearing clothing that fits your shape. You have on a well fitted bra and the ladies tank top is well fitted and covers your bra straps with smaller arm holes that cover the band of your  bra. You are wearing clothing that fits with clothing that fits. You are simply dressing for your shape. I feel that is more important and appropriate than worrying about what department your clothing came from. 

❤️🤗Sophie 

Offline gotgyne

Thank you very much Sophie for your nice compliments,

you're completely right that I should concentrate on "clothing that fits" and not being afraid that it comes from the "wrong" department. Sometimes I get the guts to do this. I bought the ladies tank top at a boutique chain and the bra at a supermarket, both with changing rooms. At the first store I took the top to the men's changing rooms, at the supermarket the changing rooms were unisex. I read that the fashion chain Primark even installed in two English shops gender neutral changing rooms but the backlash followed immediately. It seems that this topic is highly controversial. I'd appreciate gender neutral changing rooms but can understand that women could be afraid of "Peeping Toms". On the other hand I often accompany my wife to shopping and bring her various pieces of clothing to her changing room and have never met any problems for doing so. Neither the staff nor the female customers said anything. And at the supermarket the cashier in her 60s smiled as she scanned the bra. I'm sure she knew that I bought it for myself.
Nevertheless I'm far behind your knowledge of bras and fashion styles etc. There is still a lot of work for me.

John

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:09:31 PM by gotgyne »

Orb

Gotgyne,
First, I think that you have a nice figure. You are wearing clothing that fits your shape. You have on a well fitted bra and the ladies tank top is well fitted and covers your bra straps with smaller arm holes that cover the band of your  bra. You are wearing clothing that fits with clothing that fits. You are simply dressing for your shape. I feel that is more important and appropriate than worrying about what department your clothing came from.

❤️🤗Sophie
Sophie is so right!  Everyone seeks out clothing that fits ones shape, looks good, expresses ones self and makes us feel good.
I feel the reason for the two sides of the isle is its simpler to group styles, shapes and "gender" fitting in one place.  Its also nicer for women to shop without men grabbing from the rack right next to them.  Its the shopping experience.  Holding a garment next to ones self to see how it looks...
  I went to the hardware store, needed some stainless steel screws for the boat.  was nice and easy to walk up, see the section with stainless screws, didn't have to search through the plethora of other screws to find what I needed.  

Gotgyne,  You did what many should but haven't mustered the courage.  You look good.
I feel it's all marketing rather than gender identification.

Confused old man

I shop in the women’s section for sneakers and boots. Standard women’s width is a men’s B width. Hard to find men’s B width shoes. A sales woman years ago told me to shop the women’s shoes. Wow, found boots that fit! I have worn jockey NPLP panties for 20 years. I have ridden horses all my life. Cotton men’s briefs with sweating would bind and pinch and give me rashes and pimples on my back side. A barrel racer told me about the panties and how that would fix my problem because they move with you instead of binding and pinching. Then I started wearing panty hose in the cold months for riding. Both were welcome fixes to my problem. Then 17 years later I get boobs. Wow. I like western snapped or button down shirts. If I didn’t wear a oversized shirt I would get gaps wear it buttons around my chest area. And oversized shirts look sloppy!..so all my old western shirts no longer fit unless I want the gaps in the buttons. And with that you can see my bra. So off to the women’s section I went and bought shirts that fit around my boobs just as those shirts are designed to do. Is that cross dressing or finding things that fit with body changes?..whatever it is I refuse to be a sloppy dresser like a lot of older men are. So people can call me a cross dresser all they want...but I like comfort in my old age...I just bought a lace bra for the summer months..and it’s pink!...why did I buy pink?..because I can!..if I have to buy women’s clothes to fit me, then I should have some daring fun with it!😂😂😂...I think I have hit that rebellious stage of life.

Orb

confused old man, I think that's awsome! 

Crossing the isle in no way deems us cross dressers.  I would argue more fashion conscious!

Offline gotgyne

Gotgyne,

❤️🤗Sophie
Sophie is so right!  Everyone seeks out clothing that fits ones shape, looks good, expresses ones self and makes us feel good.
I feel the reason for the two sides of the isle is its simpler to group styles, shapes and "gender" fitting in one place.  Its also nicer for women to shop without men grabbing from the rack right next to them.  Its the shopping experience.  Holding a garment next to ones self to see how it looks...
  I went to the hardware store, needed some stainless steel screws for the boat.  was nice and easy to walk up, see the section with stainless screws, didn't have to search through the plethora of other screws to find what I needed. 

Gotgyne,  You did what many should but haven't mustered the courage.  You look good.
I feel it's all marketing rather than gender identification.
Thank you very much Orb. The problem is that I only every now and then get a "stroke of courage" but not continuously. I'd never dare to wear the white tank top with the bra underneath in public. And I havn't got a fitting at a lingerie shop yet. Some men in this forum have reached a higher level of courage, so to speak. But there is hope. As I started to wear my medical compression pantyhose in my 20s, I was very self-conscious and always wore jeans above, never shorts, even during the summer. Sometimes it was nearly unbearable. After some years at a vacation my wife spotted a man who wore nude compression pantyhose with shorts. They were so short that an inch of the top of the hose was visible. Nobody of the other tourists reacted. At that moment, around the year 2000, I started to wear compression pantyhose with shorts, at first in color nude or skin, later I became bolder and wore darker colors too. Yes, sometimes girls giggle, but I don't care. But with a bra it's a completely new thing and the work to gain courage starts again.

John

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
...I just bought a lace bra for the summer months..and it’s pink!...why did I buy pink?..because I can!..if I have to buy women’s clothes to fit me, then I should have some daring fun with it!😂😂😂...I think I have hit that rebellious stage of life.
I think examples like that are awesome. To me, feeling good mentally about what you are wearing is at least as important as feeling good physically. 

Dudewithboobs

Lol, I'm with you. I bought panties and womens jeans the other day, no real intention to, just always passed by but never looked and being here so long I guess made me think why not browse lol. Browsing lead to buying. All my bras are white, black or beige. Well the other day I went back to walmart and got me a baby blue bra, an ocean blue lace bralette, and red bra with blue stars on it for memorial day lol. I figured, my wife is never going to see these probably, and moving offices at work gives me complete privacy so they won't see it either, so why not be a bit daring. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Definitely moving beyond acceptance to enjoyment, which is not that far removed from celebration... all brought to us by elevated estrogen that produces breasts even on a body with male genitals.  Such is the world we are exploring... baby blue brassieres.  Last night I tried on a pink brassiere I'd bought many months ago that had lain in the drawer with a collection of brassieres.  It is a seamless, unlined style that really enhances the appearance of my breasts but the underwire frame is a bit heavy, so I seldom wear one of the three brassieres I have from this manufacturer.  The pink was fun, but I'm still inclined to a brassiere in nude or white.  In fact, I've put on the nude version of that heavier brassiere the last couple of days and am finding myself a bit shocked at how full my breasts appear and feel.  There definitely is an erotic edge to the experience.  I had to snap a photo...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024