Author Topic: excuse 4 work  (Read 3985 times)

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
i am a co-op student how should i excuse myself from work. Surjury is March28th and well do i jus take that day + 1 more off

i do office work with light lifting of 5-7 lb boxes

mostly desk accounting keyboarding

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
brownman....

Just tell them that you are not feeling well and that you need to take a few days off. Case closed!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
There's a flu bug in the air so there's a solid chance of you coming down with it for a few days.  ;)

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
i think a day afterwards will be sufficient for office work?

anybody here work in an office and have surjury?

Offline Billy9994

• Posting Member
I just had surgey on the 1st (Wednesday) and took almost a week off.  I can definitely say that I could not do even office work day2.  Day 3 is pushing it, as the foam pads and the wrapping felt really heavy and pulled on my chest which was very bruised sore and tender and i had a hard time staying seated, I had to lie down.  I recommend going back to work on day 4.

Billy

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
not an option im afraid.. day three shall have too doo assuming day 1 is surjury day..

i usually work out so i am used to some pain

i guess those T3's will be put to good use

billy are u taking the t3's?

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
perhaps you could have the surgery date moved to the nearest Friday? I chose to have my surgery date on Friday so that I could have the weekend to recover.

Maybe you could look into seeing if that is an option for yourself. Good luck!

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
u don't want to mess up your healing process, there's no way to avoid it, take it easy for a week

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
cant get more then a day

and cant move surjury or it wont be public anymore and ill have to pay more right now i pay 600-700

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Right now I'm telling my school that I have a flu. I told my workplace that I was having surgery, so that gives me about 5 days to recover.

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Whats up

I just told them that i have to get a cyst removed from my left pec. They believed it so it worked out I guess. Only problem is that my chest is swollen and i think i need another week off from work to recover better.

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Brownman,

I told my work that I had to have surgery.  I never told them the reason, they never asked.  If someone does, just say you have to get a growth removed.   Fortunately, it's not malignant  :)

They cannot argue with you, and typical surgery leave is 6 - 8 weeks, but you can come back in one week.  You're such a trooper.  

There was an opening in your doctors waiting list, and they called you in on short notice, there's nothing you can do, and you have to take this oppurtunity.

Done.  It's just not legal for them to deny you this.

You have to recover man, or you're comprimising the work of your surgeon, and most importantly, your happiness with the results.  

1 week!

ps - during my recovery, I reached for my bed lamp and stretched too far (left arm)... oh the pain!  Lasted for hours.  I'm 15 weeks post op, and my left side has a large clump of scar tissue that's interferring with the results.  hopefully it will subside with time.  So REST!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:13:22 PM by babble »

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
i am telling my boss i am getting surgery on my swollen left testicle
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024