Author Topic: Post-Surgery "sensations"  (Read 2926 times)

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Gents,
Quick question for those that have had gyne surgery, when did the weird itching, sharp pains etc.  start and stop after surgery?

Mine started on day 3 after the surgery and continue at about the same frequency at day 12, they are not constant but are certainly frequent through the day.

Thanks for any feedback,

Best regards,
fguss01

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Totally normal!

The weird sensations of tingling, intense itching and an occasional sharp shooting pain will gradually diminish over a few weeks (varies in individuals).  The diminished skin/nipple sensation, though, will persist for several months -- so be patient.  It usually returns very slowly so that you may not be aware of it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply Dr Jacobs - i was worried, given that the sensations I am feeling post-surgery  are very similar to those that I felt at the onset of my gyne, I will try and stop panicking!

Offline Mafunzalo

Yes, Thank you doctor, but it's difficult to be patient. I still have the sharp pains, tingling and sensitivity after four weeks, but the feeling changes almost daily. It "seems" to be reducing somewhat, but the impact of water in the shower is still too much discomfort to take. I am a little concerned about "varies by individual." I would like to know others experience for how long to acceptable tingling and how long to "tingle-free" recovery. I had lipo only and the results look fine.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Wait for a month and half.patience n everything will be fine.I remember 2 months post op playing soccer .any trauma on chest caused pain .now 6 months post op. M just totally normal. No pain just like pre op .but this time without gyno. It has increased my self esteem n confidence a lot
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
OK, so now at just over 2 weeks and the shooting pains and tingling have been replaced by extreme sensitivity on the left hand side and a slight swelling of the left nipple -  I would guess that this is the onset of scar tissue?

Is scar tissue sensitive/painful?

right hand side is settling down nicely now....

thanks,
Fguss01

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
I would add that there is no redness or visible inflammation....

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
OK, so now at just over 2 weeks and the shooting pains and tingling have been replaced by extreme sensitivity on the left hand side and a slight swelling of the left nipple -  I would guess that this is the onset of scar tissue?

Is scar tissue sensitive/painful?

right hand side is settling down nicely now....

thanks,
Fguss01
I dont think its painful, i think i have scar tissue underneath the incision directly. This cause the lower area of the nipple to protrude(i think this causes it). I dont feel a thing though

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
All,
Now six weeks post surgery and my chest is still hyper-sensitive.

It is really strange in that without a shirt on I have no pain at all.

However if I am sitting around or just walking around normally clothed then the sensation of clothes moving against the chest area is very painful.

Does this sound normal and does anyone have any tips to help? I am getting by without pain relief at this time.

Visually there is no evidence of inflammation and nipples are still numb although one side (the more painful side) is slightly swollen/puffy compared to immediate pre-op status.

Thanks
Fguss01

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024