Author Topic: What's the weather like at your place?  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Down in Oz ya'll a mirror image of up here.

Our leaves are falling, yours blooming.

What a wonderful difference eh?
Yep, it is wonderful. Teetering one way then the other, always giving us something to look forward to.

I'm thinking that you have distinct seasons in NM? Whereas our seasons overlap a fair bit. The hail we had the other day was of the cold, wintry type, but if we have a storm tomorrow after a warm day (not saying that we will), there's every chance of any hail being of the large summer type! 

Indigenous folklore suggests that we actually have six seasons in this part of the world. It's hard to dispute it. This time of the year is indeed Spring, and is aptly described as having tempestuous weather: Gariwerd calendar - Indigenous Weather Knowledge - Bureau of Meteorology (bom.gov.au)

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Today will be scattered showers with a high in the upper 40's. Winter as arriving! 💦

I'll dress warm since I'll be dropped off for my shopping excursion a bit before the mall opens. 

My new balconette bra arrived and is ready for pickup (I can't wait to try it on). 👙

Making a pot of Pozole to eat on over the weekend. Great eating with cold weather about. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Inter mountain PNW
Heavy frost here at 26 degrees
At 1000’ of altitude
Mountains have snow now at 3000 ‘
Carved pumpkins for Halloween
With friends last night
Lay 47.5 N here days are short
Regards, Bob

Offline gotgyne

Here it is quite warm for the end of October. 16 degrees C (61 degrees F), in the sun more than 20 C (68 F). I am wearing my light blue sweatshirt without undershirt. The back of my bra is quite visible. I went to the supermarket in the morning. No reaction whatsoever.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

BodyPos34B

Here in the central Midwest it’s a chilly day high of 53 today going to Florida for a week though so that will be nice 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
We just spent some time away in a sub-tropical coastal area, temps around 80-ish during the day and 70-ish at night. Got home last night and put the bloody heater on!!! :o

Offline taxmapper

Online Justagirl💃

It's bitterly cold here today, so my attire shall include a jumper. Hopefully it won't be Mork and Mindy. That would only make it seem colder. 

I'll have a butcher's hook before I go out..

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
It's bitterly cold here today, so my attire shall include a jumper. Hopefully it won't be Mork and Mindy. That would only make it seem colder.

...butcher's hook...?

It's cold in the NW and I know it's cold in TX today.  I spend a lot of time in Texas but have never heard of that.  Please define for the ignorant. :)

Online Justagirl💃

...butcher's hook...?

It's cold in the NW and I know it's cold in TX today.  I spend a lot of time in Texas but have never heard of that.  Please define for the ignorant. :)
"It’s bitterly cold here today, so my attire shall include a jumper. Hopefully it won’t be Mork and Mindy. That would only make it seem colder. 
I’ll have a butcher’s hook before I go out."
Translation:
'Jumper' is sweater in the USA
'Mork and Mindy' means Windy
'Butcher's hook' means Look
It's Cockney slang from central London most likely developed by 'tea leaves' (thieves) to keep the police from listening in on conversations. It would be most confusing using the slang whilst talking on your 'dog and bone' (phone). 
Enough improper English for today, time for a cup of 'Rosy' (tea). 🤭

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Thanks for the complete definition and not the cliff note version. 
My time there was short.  A portion spent detained staring out the windscreen planning my exit to repair a spoiled tire as the lorries flew by.  I opened the bonnet to signal my distress as I looked in the boot for a spanner and tire.  

Online Justagirl💃

Thanks for the complete definition and not the cliff note version. 
My time there was short.  A portion spent detained staring out the windscreen planning my exit to repair a spoiled tire as the lorries flew by.  I opened the bonnet to signal my distress as I looked in the boot for a spanner and tire. 
Ah, drove through with a bit of troubles.
The motorway can be quite busy. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:52:21 AM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline taxmapper

In the SW its just damn cold! 

We hit 12F in the foothills this am with actual moisture in the air. 
Frost on the outside stuff. 

It'll warm up nicely later, but this is typical NM weather for this time of year. 

Online Justagirl💃

In the SW its just damn cold!

We hit 12F in the foothills this am with actual moisture in the air.
Frost on the outside stuff.

It'll warm up nicely later, but this is typical NM weather for this time of year.
2 degrees Fahrenheit in Texas!

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
5 degrees in Central Washington 
Up from-12 a few days ago 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024