Author Topic: Drain yourself???  (Read 12513 times)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I didn't know anesthetic could actually be bought over the counter? 
Where do you live, like...Mexico?
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on the internet.

Actually, I think the thread about the guy that wanted to perform the ENTIRE surgery by himself was the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet, haha. This is a close second though.

yea that one took the cake, as for this all I have to say is UM WOW!...The reason you pay a doctor is to perform the surgery and then be there after it for your concerns and stuff... jesus man
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Congrats on your braveness. It would be nice to see a before/after pic of your self surgery, doctor. The most I've ever done is tried to stich my wrist after t got slashed..I poked the needle in one end  of my skin and then gave up right there. Even with the adrenaline I thought it wouldn't hurt but it did more than I could imagine.

If you still have another follow-up left with your surgeon I think you should tell him what you did even though he'll probably look at you like you're crazy for a bit.
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
I've heard alot of people doing this and never having a problem, Im not saying its the best thing to do. You have the same chances of getting an infection as a guy who has to admidister injections like myself witch I've never had a problem with. On the other hand Its not good to mess with a part of your body that was just cut open. Where at on the nipple or nipple area did you drain it from???

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
Certainly not a smart thing to do, yo Brave man... Have some patience dude..
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
did your doctor send you home with a drain. i was sent in with a drain still attatched to me to drain the fluid build up. They said they will take it out once i stop producing around 33cc's of fluid in a 12 hour period...
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
this has got to be one of the simplest "surgical" things to do short of giving yourself an injection... if he used sterile equipment and sterile technique there's nothing to worry about. fluid buildup can cause discomfort and although it would be absorbed by the body with time, draining that fluid isn't going to cause any problems as long as he doesn't introduce infection. (which sterile equipment and sterile technique would avoid)

not that i'm recommeding everyone do this, but you guys don't need to bust his balls. sheesh... makes me wonder if some of you guys even pull off your own bandaides?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
maybe, but with infection risks it's still possible to do wrong if you're not pretty careful.  and if you saw how many guys come on thinking they can do an operation on themselves with a little alcohol and a swiss army knife (slightly different but absolutely off-the-charts stupid), it would put the reactions in context. 

on the whole still a bad idea in general and probably worth closing the thread. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:35:08 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
You not talking about cutting yourself open, I've actually done this 2 times and im not infected, maybe I just got lucky along with the other guys who have done it with no problem. Nothings going to happen if your steril plane and simple. You have the same ammount of chance of giving yourself an infect as a doctor has giving you an infection from draining you. You have more of a chance having an infection from the surgery itself. By the way its not considerd doing surgery on yourself with a swiss army knife, your using a niddle to drain yourself, Also I did it without numbing the area, it doesnt hurt.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
but he just had major surgery in the place where he put the needle. it makes that much more riskier.  plus u never kno if it can effect u in the long run with the final results.

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
His doctor drained it once already. Ill garenty there will be nothing wrong as there was nothing wrong with me and others when they did it on there own.

Offline george1977

• Posting Member
this has got to be one of the simplest "surgical" things to do short of giving yourself an injection... if he used sterile equipment and sterile technique there's nothing to worry about. fluid buildup can cause discomfort and although it would be absorbed by the body with time, draining that fluid isn't going to cause any problems as long as he doesn't introduce infection. (which sterile equipment and sterile technique would avoid)

not that i'm recommeding everyone do this, but you guys don't need to bust his balls. sheesh... makes me wonder if some of you guys even pull off your own bandaides?

I agree 100%. I have self administered vitamin B12 shots for years now. I think most here would faint if they watched me do it.

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.

I agree 100%. I have self administered vitamin B12 shots for years now. I think most here would faint if they watched me do it.

What gauge needle do you inject B12 with? hopefully its not bigger than a 28-31 gauge

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
You can use an insulin needle for the since the liquid is so thin, I wouldnt use anything bigger than a 23g unless you have no other choice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024