Author Topic: 'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value'  (Read 3082 times)

Offline puffynip311

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

I dont want to knock something i havent tried, but anyone out there thinking of trying 'diet aid of questionable value' or other pills should be skeptical.  I used andractim for a few months and got no results.  I realize it doesnt work for everyone, so maybe i am just unlucky... (or maybe its a scam)

I was browsing the gynexim and 'diet aid of questionable value' web site today and realized that they are the exact same thing.  If you read their FAQ... they have some Q and A that are almost identical

1.) Negative side effects
'diet aid of questionable value': "Are there any negative side effects of 'diet aid of questionable value' breast reduction?"
Absolutely zero, our pills are made from 100% natural herbs so you will not experience any side effects. Regardless of your age or medical condition, our powerful breast reduction formula can work for you. We recommend that you consult your doctor before taking any of our breast reduction products.

Gynexim: Q: Are there any negative side effects?
A: No, absolutely zero, our 'diet aid of questionable value' pills are made from 100% all natural herbs so you will not experience any side effects.

2.  How many bottles (This is where they suck the money out of you)

'diet aid of questionable value': How many bottles of 'diet aid of questionable value' breast reduction should I start with?
Breast reduction is quite a process, so we definitely don't recommend ordering LESS than a 3 month supply. The most popular package we have is for our 4 month pill supply. This package is popular because when you order a 4 month supply of 'diet aid of questionable value', you'll get your 5th month ABSOLUTELY FREE, saving you a whopping $115 when you order!

Gynexim:  Q: How many bottles of 'diet aid of questionable value' should I start with?
A: We recommend you start with a 3 month supply (3 bottles). The most popular package we have is our 4 month supply. This package is popular because when you order a 4 month supply of 'diet aid of questionable value', you'll get your 5th month ABSOLUTELY FREE, saving you a whopping $115 when you order!

If that isnt word for word I dont know what is... Maybe its pure coincedence because it is such a great deal.. I mean, Who wouldnt want to save $115 when they are getting ripped off?

3.) IF both Herbal formulas are unique, then why do both have the exact same FAQ on their website... This one is too close to be a coincidence....

'diet aid of questionable value':  How does 'diet aid of questionable value' breast reduction work?
'diet aid of questionable value' works by targeting the fatty cells (subcutaneous adipose tissue) in the mammary glands. This unique herbal formula, developed under the direction of top nutritionists and medical scientists, has been seen to target these fatty cells and reduce them in both size and quantity.

Gynexim: 5 Q: How does the 'diet aid of questionable value' male breast reduction pill work?
A: 'diet aid of questionable value' works by targeting the fatty cells (subcutaneous adipose tissue) in the mammary glands. This unique herbal formula, developed under the direction of leading medical scientists and nutritionists, has been seen to target these fatty cells and reduce them in both size and quantity.

All they did differently in these 2 answers was change the name of the two companies and switched the words medical scientists and nutritionists... Brilliant

Here is the bottom line... Im not meaning to attack these companies with their miracle drugs. I am just trying to make people aware of what i read and point out the similarities (Im sure coincidence) of these 2 miracle pills.  Ive been victim to scam before, and it sucked.  So hopefully for some of you I just saved a couple hundred bucks.  If you wanna take one of those $200 and send it to me Id appreciate.. If not and you are really bothered by this condition like myself, put it in the bank and save up for surgery, what seems to be the only effective method.  I am in no way a surgeon, Im just 21, with gyne, and was naive enough to waste a couple hundred dollars on andractim  :-[

Sorry for the rather long post but one more quick idea
Has anyone ever written a petition to big name pharmaceutical companies (J&J, Merck, Proctor and Gamble) asking them to research this condition?   Not volunteering for the task but there seem to be a lot of us here to sign it and maybe show them it would be worth their while and profitable.  You think with all the things medicine can do these days gyne would be childs play.

Offline Hypo-is-here

'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value' are NOT remotely the same as Andractim.

Andractim's principle ingredient is the potent male hormone dihydrotestosterone and was developed for the medical community/hospitals/doctors etc as a treatment for hypogonadism and/or gynecomastia and is made by a major pharmaceutical company ( Besins International).  It is fully licensed to treat the said conditions in certain countries (Belgium for example, I know of a few  guys prescribed it by endocrinologists in Belgium).  In order to obtain its license to treat these conditions it had to pass extensive multimillion dollar phase 3 controlled medical studies involving large numbers people to prove its efficacy, safety and to label its potential side effects, drug interactions and contraindications.

'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value' on the other hand are products sold off of the back of a very dodgy website.  They are not licensed for the treatment of gynecomastia in any country in the world, they have not passed any controlled medical studies showing efficacy, safety or potential side effects, drug interactions or contraindications (though if they are herbals they might be safe I suppose).  They are not produced by a world leading pharmaceutical company, they are not male hormonal medications and in fact have no legitimacy for their claims whatsoever having nothing to do with the medical community.

It is completely wrong to self medicate either one, but one Andractim is a legitimate medication that does have its place in treating gynecomastia via prescription from competent endocrinologists.

Offline puffynip311

• Posting Member
I wasnt trying to knock andractim around, like i said, who knows if it works? (Just didnt work for me) I have been luriking aroung the website for a good half a year and I have yet to see one before and after pictures of someone that used andractim.  Like if it works for 75% of people, why hasnt one person had a log on here that shows them before, they post pics every week or so, then its better a few months later?  Hypo, I know that you are very well respected around here and Im not trying in anyway to offend you. Im just saying that  I havent even seen anyone with before and after pics showing proof and there are a lot of people on this board, thats all.  Im just skeptical now.

As for 'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value', my main point is that it is probably the same pill sold by the same people.  Their websites are almost identical, word for word.  Anyone who buys gynexim is getting the exact same pill as someone who buys 'diet aid of questionable value'.  They just changed the name and the label to fool people that have figured out 'diet aid of questionable value' doesnt work.  It seems like a marketing scam.

Offline Hypo-is-here

I wasnt trying to knock andractim around, like i said, who knows if it works? (Just didnt work for me) I have been luriking aroung the website for a good half a year and I have yet to see one before and after pictures of someone that used andractim.  Like if it works for 75% of people, why hasnt one person had a log on here that shows them before, they post pics every week or so, then its better a few months later?  Hypo, I know that you are very well respected around here and Im not trying in anyway to offend you. Im just saying that  I havent even seen anyone with before and after pics showing proof and there are a lot of people on this board, thats all.  Im just skeptical now.

Don’t worry I wasn’t offended in the slightest you were just stating your opinion which is perfectly reasonable.  I was just trying to offer some info on the differences between Andractim and 'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value' which are very substantial IMHO and in the opinion of the medical community.  

Separately the problem that you rightfully enquire about is;

Why do we not see such results replicated here on this website from people who have taken Andractim?  

Given you have not seen either a response in your own case or photographic evidence your skepticism is understandable.

The 75% figure stems from controlled medical studies as detailed by Glen D Braunstein endocrinologist in his 1993 white paper on gynecomastia.  I have the Braunstein paper out in front of me at the moment and from what I can see and from what I know first hand, the problem seems to me to be one of control and perception.

I’ll explain;

The 75% figure relates to the number of people who had a medically observable/assessed reduction of gynecomastia whilst being medicated with Andractim.  25% of this 75% had a complete resolution according to medical assessment.  This leaves a further 25% of those in the studies who had no medically observable reduction of gynecomastia at all.

All those in the studies were diagnosed as having gynecomastia, and thought to have glandular gynecomastia and all would have undergone endocrine investigation to ensure that the use of dihydrotestosterone was suitable.

Now the problem here is that almost all using Andractim are self medicating.  They have not been diagnosed as having gynecomastia and they have not had an endocrine assessment to see if dihydrotestosterone is suitable.

This means;

Guys with BDD or perfectionists/bodybuilders with little to no glandular mass will report that Andractim is not effective.  

Those who are simply overweight (fat is not responsive to dihydrotestosterone) will report that Andractim is not effective.

Those who have gynecomastia and high levels of naturally occurring testosterone/ dihydrotestosterone whose gynecomastia is a result of puberty/or is idiopathic who would not be suitable for prescription of Andractim will try it anyway and report that it is not effective.

Many that see a reduction of gynecomastia with Andractim, but are not fortunate to have complete resolution will be unhappy and will report that Andractim is not effective.

Those who have not had an endocrine assessment who have an underlying undiagnosed disorder that does not relate to dihydrotestosterone, such as liver disease, Klinefelters, thyroid disease, elevated SHBG etc are unlikely to see a benefit for Andractim so they too will report that it is not effective.

Those who have developed are developing gynecomastia whose underlying cause relates to medication (this includes prescription meds, those that relate to finasteride and anabolic steroid/drugs of abuse) may see little benefit from Andractim and report that it is not effective

Those who are perfectly suited to Andractim as a treatment might not be using the correct dosage or schedule and they too as a result may report that it is not effective

Analogy- A glass of shandy or low alcohol beer will not get someone drunk; this could lead people to logically say that alcohol doesn’t get people drunk.  Of course we know it does cause this effect, so dosage with this or any drug is crucial.

25% of people in the study who had diagnosed gynecomastia and had endocrine assessment and deemed suitable for Andractim still had no response at all.  Now if you are one of those people who sees no response despite being someone who should respond favourably, most likely you will not feel any better or take heart from the fact that you were just unfortunate and tat other people will reap the benefit of its prescription.  If you are in this bracket again you will most likely report that Andractim is not effective.

Andractim is most effective as all hormonal medications are, in the gynecomastia developmental/proliferation phase.  After about one and a half to two years gynecomastia becomes more fibrous and less responsive to Andractim, this fact is something else that can skew the view/response when people are self medicating.

The bottom line then?

Andractim was proven to be effective in controlled medical conditions by endocrinologists for those diagnosed with glandular gynecomastia who seem suitable for its use following endocrine assessment when used in the correct dose and schedule by a prescribing endocrinologist.

It is one more treatment/armament in the treatment of gynecomastia.  It is not as effective as surgery, but it offers benefits of low costs and lack of invasiveness to those in whom it may work.  

Personal experience;

I was prescribed it at one stage as an alternative to TRT for hypogonadism.  I found that it made a big difference/substantially reduced my gynecomastia and I did post the photos that showed this on the website about a year or so ago.  Some members might be able to recall this and back me up here, if you can find the thread via a search you may even find the photos (under the name hypo).  Although I had the stated reduction that made life a lot easier/it easier to live with I did not have a complete resolution.  This might be due to a simple endocrine response or could be due to the fact that some of my gynecomastia had developed in recent time and some from a much earlier period and most likely fibrous.  I also saw accounts of at least three people who were self medicating (bad idea) who were lucky enough to see an improvement.  One posted pictures that showed a very substantial reduction and one claimed to have a complete resolution although I cannot confirm if this is was true or as no pictures were posted.  One of the guys who was prescribed Anbdractim by his endocrinologist in Belgium said he had a reduction but it wasn’t enough for him to be happy with (we all differ in what is acceptable to us)..

The reason I had surgery in the end was because I couldn’t continue on Andractim as a medication for hypogonadism as it left me tired and lethargic at the dose required and symptomatically poorer than on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) and so I could not continue to reap the benefits of its non aromatisable nature.  Also the surgery got rid of all of the problem.

Again bottom line;

This medication can only really be assessed when it is correctly prescribed, not when it is self medicated.

I hope you can see the logic in this long winded response, in any event you are entitled to your subjective opinion, if you are still skeptical I don’t blame you (though perhaps a long search for those photos/links might make you think differently).

As for 'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value', my main point is that it is probably the same pill sold by the same people.  Their websites are almost identical, word for word.  Anyone who buys gynexim is getting the exact same pill as someone who buys 'diet aid of questionable value'.  They just changed the name and the label to fool people that have figured out 'diet aid of questionable value' doesnt work.  It seems like a marketing scam.

You could be right, I haven’t spent as much time looking at their sites..  It is snake oil though, as PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute, these people pray on the hopes and fears of men who have gynecomastia and hope to sucker enough men into buying their potions :(

Please excuse the typos- incurred as a result of trying to type what needed to be said in a short time frame.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:13:14 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
As for 'diet aid of questionable value' and 'diet aid of questionable value', my main point is that it is probably the same pill sold by the same people. They just changed the name and the label to fool people that have figured out 'diet aid of questionable value' doesnt work.  It seems like a marketing scam.

Take a good look at the labels dude.... They are very similar in design...

John.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:56:18 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024