Author Topic: Training Bra Phase  (Read 3632 times)

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Thank you, Dudewithboobs! :)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
And to Aussies point. No they shouldn’t be taken off the market cause those are for women who are training to adjust to wearing a bra or their budding breasts in preparation and expectation of having breasts to fill the next size that may come and overall being trained to wear a bra hence training bra. Men are not expecting to grow breasts. If you are a man and wearing a training bra for the F of it then sorry maybe MenWearBras is the forum for you. If you don’t have gynecomastia and just enjoy wearing bras then maybe MWB is the forum for you. If your chest has no breast growth or causing any issue and yet you want to wear bras then perhaps MWB is the forum for you. I’m a member there myself and it is a beautiful community.

If you have breast growth and it’s minimal and not really detected as breast shape size or sight but causes irritation and preference of ones own wants to wear a bra and finds relief in that and a true bra doesn’t fit right but a training bra does. Well then alright because there’s just cause for it.
No probs, but you obviously haven't read my initial posts as to why I'm here, or if you have then you clearly haven't understood them.

There is another issue at play and it's called confidence. Just like you don't begin driving lessons in your typical monster truck or the Porsche that you one day aspire to own, I'm not about to visit the mall wearing a bra that looks like Fort Knox. 

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
If you have breast growth and it’s minimal and not really detected as breast shape size or sight but causes irritation and preference of ones own wants to wear a bra and finds relief in that and a true bra doesn’t fit right but a training bra does. Well then alright because there’s just cause for it.
That's kind of where I am.  Jogging without a bra is super uncomfortable, but otherwise support of large, heavy "bags" is not the way that a bra remedies the constant, minor-but-nagging soreness and irritation.  For my size of rib cage, bras with cups generally start at B cup, and I'm not there yet (and hopefully never will be).  Bralettes without any extra room in the breast area, which just squash everything down, are quite uncomfortable, but there are a few that give some extra room there even if they wouldn't do well at supporting large, heavy breasts.  The Jockey Cotton Allure bralette in size XL is probably the most comfortable one I've found so far.

I recently had a mole pop up very quickly in one armpit though, and it was badly irritated by shirts and undershirts except the sleeveless ones.  Even women's thank tops come up so high in the arm pit that they hurt the mole.  I took it off with food-grade 35% hydrogen peroxide, dabbing it on with a Q-Tip and being careful not to burn the skin around it, and it dried up so I could peel it off (I've done this before, so it wasn't new to me), and the spot is pretty much healed up now; but for most of a week I had to wear shirts that definitely exposed my bra, so I went without most of that time.  The irritation to the breast was constant, and I could hardly wait to get back in a bra and get relief.  It is very much about function, not fetish.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
What do you think about something like this:

Oalka Sports Bra Womens Longline Padded Crop Tank Yoga Bras Workout Fitness Top White XL at Amazon Women’s Clothing store

The necklines are extremely feminine, admittedly, but this is a low/medium impact Sports Bra with a built-in light (note: midriff, not full-length) tank over it that I've found has sufficient compression for my needs while at the same time providing a mostly undetectable profile when worn with with my regular "male" clothes (T-Shrits/Button-down shirts).  My only complaint is that having "layers" really suck when it's 96 degrees F; not sure how women deal with this concept.

Outside of finding a female-targeted garment that suits your needs, I'd suggest looking into "binders" or "gynecomastia vests".  Garments specifically designed for men will have appropriate necklines and won't pinch your armpit (the "arm holes" will be much larger), but also seem to require you to have a big "belly".  For me, men's garments like this make my pants fall off, whereas female ones make me look pretty fat :)  I mean, we aren't women, right?  "Dudes with boobs" is a very niche market still.  Maybe someday but until then my suggestion is to try to value comfort over appearance; people comfortable with their appearance are far less likely to end up on any "radar".

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I haven’t seen the prior posts so apologies there. But great analogy, I’m a sucker for analogies lol. Appreciate the way you explained it. I often don’t have time to see a thread and commit to reading all posts involved and generally go to the last few to see where the conversations directed and add. Perhaps that’s where my own ignorance plays in and misses valid points or understandable opportunities. I should assess before assume and comment on points made without knowing the prior points made.
All good, no need to apologize. Maybe I should apologize, for being a bit terse. I shouldn't expect, let alone assume, that everyone should know everything about everyone else. My bad.

Perhaps I should have said, not everyone fits into the two neat categories that are either (a) real boobs/bra required/it's just a tool/nothing to see here vs. (b) moobs/wears a bra therefore must be a crossdresser. 

Offline SideSet

I do think it is simple. Function or fetish. No judgment implied on either reason. 

I believe an A cup bra can have an appearance function for a woman, but really not needed for support.  Any man wearing an A cup is doing it to fill a fetish need and could be rationalizing it as a functional need, saying things like, see I fill the bra cups so need to wear a bra or I will be growing so need to prepare for when I need to wear a bra. 

Those of us with functional need for a bra typically started at a bigger cup size when the need had been apparent for some time, as we so often heard the taunt you need to wear a bra.  Unlike fetish wear, we tended to deny the need for a bra and started at B cup at a minimum.  

Offline Busty

That was me as a teen.  So many times I was teased you need to wear a bra.

At first I was in denial.  Then I was embarrassed and unsuccessfully tried to hide my breasts. Finally, after hearing over and over and over, I needed to wear a bra, I surreptitiously tried on one of my mother’s. 

OMG, it fit me like it was made for me.  I completely filled the cups of her bra!  It was conflicting feelings. On the one hand, I was shocked. On the other hand, I had this surprising feeling of being proud that I could fill the cups of my mothers bra.  Also, it was conflicting that, while I knew all those suggestions that I should wear a bra were meant to be mean, in fact, they were completely correct and it turns out very constructive.

I loved how the bra felt on me, no more movement. When I looked in the mirror, I was first surprised by how good the bra looked on me, everything nicely lifted and shaped.

This was the first time that I felt anything but shame about my breasts. It was also the first time I really accepted that I did have breasts like all the other girls in my class and should be wearing a bra just like they did. 

My mother’s bras were B and C cups.  So,  yes, I did need to wear a bra, but, no, I did not start with training or A cup bras.  

I believe that most males who have breasts and NEED to wear a bra, would not start with a training or A cup bra. That would be more for crossdressers who WANT to wear bras, and try to say they wear a bra because they have breasts or anticipate having bigger breasts. 

Believe me, I had a hard time admitting I had breasts, let alone anticipating having bigger breasts. Of course, once I started wearing a bra, my feelings towards my breasts began to change. 

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I never did wear a training bra. By the time I tried my first bra, I was already an adult wearing a regular bra. 

aboywithgirls

I started out wearing regular bras which were hand me down bras from my sister which were given to me by my mother. Most girls, get the "bra talk" from an older female role model, like their mother. I got my bra talk from my mother. 

I had just turned 16 years old and it was time for back to school shopping. It was my junior year in high school. My breasts had become large enough that I needed to start wearing a bra full time. Along with my other New clothing, I was fitted for new bras. I was a 34C. Yes, it was fairly obvious that I was wearing a bra even with loose fitting clothing. I was excused from PE class. Since then, I have worn regular underwire bras almost exclusively.

Offline SideSet

All these recent posts are similar and in line with my point that males with female breasts tended to start wearing bras only once they reached a larger cup size, but that those males who started with an A cup or less are doing it more as transvestites.   Not that there’s anything wrong with being a transvestite, but from your post here, we can tell who you are 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
All these recent posts are similar and in line with my point that males with female breasts tended to start wearing bras only once they reached a larger cup size, but that those males who started with an A cup or less are doing it more as transvestites.  Not that there’s anything wrong with being a transvestite, but from your post here, we can tell who you are
Except that you didn't really make a point, you just offered an opinion. In conjunction with your other recent post, where you say that an A cup bra isn't really functional for a woman for support but only worn for appearance, the same can be said for any article of clothing created for the sole purpose of functionality for one gender. Extrapolating your opinion, every woman who wears jeans is a transvestite.

I fully understand that truly gynecomastic men like yourself need to wear a bra for support or to alleviate other symptoms such as chafing and sensitivity. It is also obvious from the posts of many members here that most of them in that situation left it far too late to begin wearing one, somehow justifying your narrative that smaller cup sizes were a waste of time anyway and if anyone wore one then they did so for other purposes. But here, we are often reminded that breasts are breasts regardless of the gender of the body that they are attached to, so are you also implying that females should not start wearing bras until they reach B or C cup? Should training and A cup bras be taken off the market?

It is also obvious that many men here now wear bras that are not only functional, but pretty. It's all about feeling good about yourself. How is your bra collection, SideSet? Plain and featureless, skintone only, worn only for function, or do you own bras that are colorful, lacy etc? If you only need the former, does that make you a transvestite if you wear the latter?

Sorry mate, the world isn't as black and white as you make it out to be.

Offline Busty

I see it as those who have big breasts and need to wear a bra and those who don’t, yet want to wear a bra.  Seems pretty simple to me.  But maybe it is because I have big breasts. 

All these recent posts are similar and in line with my point that males with female breasts tended to start wearing bras only once they reached a larger cup size, but that those males who started with an A cup or less are doing it more as transvestites.  Not that there’s anything wrong with being a transvestite, but from your post here, we can tell who you are
Except that you didn't really make a point, you just offered an opinion. In conjunction with your other recent post, where you say that an A cup bra isn't really functional for a woman for support but only worn for appearance, the same can be said for any article of clothing created for the sole purpose of functionality for one gender. Extrapolating your opinion, every woman who wears jeans is a transvestite.

I fully understand that truly gynecomastic men like yourself need to wear a bra for support or to alleviate other symptoms such as chafing and sensitivity. It is also obvious from the posts of many members here that most of them in that situation left it far too late to begin wearing one, somehow justifying your narrative that smaller cup sizes were a waste of time anyway and if anyone wore one then they did so for other purposes. But here, we are often reminded that breasts are breasts regardless of the gender of the body that they are attached to, so are you also implying that females should not start wearing bras until they reach B or C cup? Should training and A cup bras be taken off the market?

It is also obvious that many men here now wear bras that are not only functional, but pretty. It's all about feeling good about yourself. How is your bra collection, SideSet? Plain and featureless, skintone only, worn only for function, or do you own bras that are colorful, lacy etc? If you only need the former, does that make you a transvestite if you wear the latter?

Sorry mate, the world isn't as black and white as you make it out to be.
So, I would not say black and white, but busty and not. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
My two cents worth: judgment comments really aren't helpful.

I have gyro because of heart meds.  Started to need a bra - esp when involved in vigorous physical activity - after a pacemaker / icd implant.  Had to hold the device in place (some patients have experienced their pacemakers "migrating" from upper chest to near the waist line !). If my device moved and displaced a connecting wire I could die very quickly.

I was A cup, or A-B depending upon brand.  Also, at that stage of development I passed the pencil test - with an A cup size.

So...aside from the "to each his own" approach, there are cases in which an A cup sized guy might physically to need wear a bra.

When someone states that anyone with A cup sized breasts who wears a bra is a crossdresser, it is no different than saying any man with big boobs (like Busty) is transgender.

Same illogic, same stupidity.

Offline SideSet

Guess we will have to disagree. Including over who is the stupid one here. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024