Author Topic: 3wks post op- update and question  (Read 1275 times)

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
I'm 3 weeks post-op (lipo + excision). I'm happy with the results. However, there is still some swelling and very mild tenderness. Right side has a firm lump under the areola and right to it, making that side bigger. Has been since day 1, but it's been going down very slowly. I don't think it's the gland. The op report said only 3mm layer of gland was left, and this is much thicker. I can see the nips are somewhat big and puffy still, but there are dark in color (which is good!). The scars have closely nicely, I can barely see them.
My question is should I massage to prevent scars from forming? When I raise my arms up, I feel a stretch below my skin at the chest, as if there is some fibrous tissue there..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is probably only post operative swelling and should not be a problem.   The best source for information at this point would be your surgeon. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
I talked to my surgeon over the phone (he is another state). He said to massage that lump under the areola on the right side. I have been doing so, and although I'm pretty gentle doing that, I feel that it hurts for a while after I do so. I am just concerned that I am adding more injury?
The other thing I noticed that it's really soft in the morning when I wake up and gets harder by mid-day and the end of the day. Massaging seems to soften it up.
I am wondering if that's just swelling... changing size like that.
or scar tissue?
Tough question I guess.

Offline shenmen

hi, im 2 weeks post op and seem to have a similar problem. i see this was 10 days ago..is it going down now ? 

Offline imtakinemout

• Posting Member
Yes, it has softened up. I haven't been massaging that much, but I still massage every now and then. 
The right side is still swollen 6 wks after surgery. But from what I heard swelling can take months to settle down. 
My surgeon does more gyne surgeries than any surgeon in the US, so I'd be surprised if this ended up not good enough.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024