Author Topic: Removal of NY Surgeon  (Read 13233 times)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
After a great deal of consideration, I have decided to remove Dr. "removed doctor" from the gynecomastia.org website and boards. I have been deeply troubled for some time about issues relating to the vast number of postings on the boards about him. It is simply not statistically possible for one doctor on this site to have more glowing testimonials than all of the other doctors combined unless they are false postings and/or there is some organized effort to make it happen.

There are many fine surgeons on this site who specialize in gynecomastia surgery and there will be more. They are all playing by the same ethical rules. I am unwilling to have this site spammed by anyone.

I am posting this to simply let you know why he is not on the site and why most if not all postings by or about him are being removed.

I know that there are legitimate testimonials on the site and it is unfortunate that they will be removed as well, but that is the consequence of what I consider to be unacceptable behavior.

This is the last word on the topic, posts complaining about my decision will be removed and "removed doctor" name will not be allowed to be posted. Any attempts to disrupt the boards will result in the member being banned as well.

I have never had to take this drastic of action before and I hope that I never will have to again. This decision was not made lightly nor with any joy and I deem it a necessary action to protect the integrity of gynecomastia.org.

Merle
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:34:46 PM by kiwibird »
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

cody sockeye

Wow. So, if you don't mind me asking, I'd like to see if I have this straight.

You believe that because there were so many posts about him, that you had to remove him from the boards BECAUSE you believe that he spammed the forum???

I'm sorry, I'm just confused. This doctor has helped me through a lot and I'm just shocked that he is no longer here on gynecomastia.org  :-\

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I am sorry you are shocked. I was shocked at his behavior as well. That is why I removed him.

Merle

cody sockeye

That's very, very interesting Merle. I hadn't been on in a few months up until yesterday, so when I found out he and/or a crew of his were spamming (promoting himself?)... That's unbelievable! Well, what's done is done, and I'm sorry you had to put up with that. I too own a small site, and even with less than 100 members, it's very active and every once in a while someone registers and just goes on a spamming rampage. So kudos to putting up with it for as long as you did.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Thanks for the support, getting a lot of abuse at the moment, so I really appreciate it.

Merle

cody sockeye

It's your site, you can do whatever you want with it!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Sorry if this topic is a little dead but did you ever track IP's of all these posters?  Or was this action taken under pure suspicion?  If it was the latter it seems a bit harsh to just knock someone off a website...

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
please reveal  the banned doctor's location (city and state)  so at least future members will be careful about posting his/her links

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024