Author Topic: Gynecomastia Presentation at National Endocrinology Meeting by Dr. Bermant  (Read 9811 times)

DrBermant

I have just returned from lecturing about Gynecomastia at the American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists national meeting.  They invited me to talk about gynecomastia in a session called "Ask the Expert."  This gave me the opportunity to again interact with Endocrinologists from around world and present my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Surgery and discuss my Red Flag System for Endocrinology evaluation.  This evaluation system that I have evolved over the years with various Endocrinologists helps me keep my gynecomastia recurrence rate extremely low.

I can interact with up to 8 gynecomastia patients a day. This large volume gives me exposure to many unusual forms of gynecomastia, some of which are so rare that they generated a great deal of interest and discussion at the meeting. 

I really enjoyed the opportunity to exchange ideas and the excitement the gynecomastia discussions caused.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
x3.  i have to say i admire the attention you've given the subject.  was the meeting well attended?  care to detail the nature of any of the rare stuff?  i assume half or more of the interactions are preparatory, but probably instructive still.  etiology is probably still hard to pin down, but did you get a sense from the meeting that the field is advancing in significant ways? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

x3.  i have to say i admire the attention you've given the subject.  was the meeting well attended?  care to detail the nature of any of the rare stuff?  i assume half or more of the interactions are preparatory, but probably instructive still.  etiology is probably still hard to pin down, but did you get a sense from the meeting that the field is advancing in significant ways? 

Thank you for your kind comments.

Yes, the meeting was well attended, they set a new attendance record.  My presentation was very well received according to the moderator of my session.  I had a lot of positive feedback about my Red Flag System and surgical techniques.  Interesting cases included such issues as Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia in Adult Male, Black Nipple Discharge, Bodybuilder Gynecomastia, Body Contouring after major weight loss, and my male chest contouring for the Female to Male Transsexual. I am working on web sections for those topics not already covered on my website.  The most exciting part of the trip was being able to meet face to face with Endocrinologists I have been working with from all over.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:03:33 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024