Author Topic: Questions about my gynecomastia  (Read 2191 times)

Offline rick007

I've decided that I want to get my gynecomastia taken care of, and I'm going to do whatever I can to make it happen. I have a few questions about what is best for me to do. I'm almost 20 yrs old and have had gynecomastia since I was about 14. I've always been in good shape physically. Things have probably gotten a little better in the past few years but not that much. I read a post earlier about hormonal problems and I might have some of the symptoms. I am still going through puberty, as I have very little hair under my arms, none on my chest, and very little facial hair. I have a relatively low voice and a good sex drive, but I don't have that much energy usually. I realize that the first thing I need to do is see an endocrinologist and get things all checked out. I do think I had this done before though a couple years ago and everything was normal.
In all honesty my condition really isn't that bad at all. I have a small harder disclike substance under my left nipple, but nothing solid under my right. Both my nipples are a little puffy. When I'm in colder temperatures or after I  rub my nipples briefly they shrink up and everything looks perfectly normal. This allows me to take off my shirt around others, I just have to rub my nipples briefly first. Is this normal, and in the long term could possibly aggravate the condition?
I realize that my gynecomastia is not that big of a deal, but nonetheless I have had a tough time completely overcoming it as well, and being truly confident, so I really just want to get this taken care of.
I used to work out my chest a lot more and I was pretty strong and I really do think it helped a little. Is the best thing that I can do just to work out hard, eat healthy, and take some zinc? Is there certain foods I should avoid? Does it sound like my problem is hormone related and an endocrinologist would be able to help me? I know my doctor said that my gynecomastia would go away soon many years ago, and I've still been waiting. Does anyone have any idea whether this should go away, or could it be permanant? I don't think surgery is really an option for me right now, but I'm willing to try about anything else. Thanks so much for any help.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
What you should do is this:

Go to www.aace.com and click Services > Find an Endocrinologist.

Enter your zip code and it'll pull up a list of endos in your area that are AACE certified.  Find one that specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology and schedule an appointment.  The first appointment can range from about $60 to $200, and the blood work will be a few hundred dollars.  I have spent $600-700 or thereabouts on blood work and endo appointments and at the moment what we've decided to do is wait and test in the future in case of any natural improvements, since I'm still only 18.

If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline hypo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024