Author Topic: I need your expert opinion please  (Read 3028 times)

Offline wasa

• Posting Member
I am 21 years old male and I have add puffy nipples for about 9 years or so. I feel that I have brought this upon myself . I will explain why I feel like this .

I used to have very flat nipples till the age of 12 or so . When I was like 12 my bro once commented (in jest i guess ) that I had very flat nipples and they looked like they were ironed . At that time I felt something was wrong with my nipples so I used to pull them out by my fingers ( this used to hurt a lot) . I continued doing this for about a year and the end result was that I ended up with bloated (puffy) nipples .

Although I have a good physique , I am embarrassed to take out my shirt out because of this . Is there any way to get rid of this without surgery ?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have never heard a story such as yours.  And although I do not know the extent of your manipulation, I do not feel that it could possibly have caused a classic puffy nipple.  Tissues certainly can be stretched due to constant pulling (witness a stretched out earlobe due to heavy earrings), but a true puffy nipple created by excessive pulling is doubtful.

Rather, I think this may have been coincidental.  Gyne most often occurs in puberty -- and at age 12 (which you describe as the onset), I will bet that it had nothing to do with your manipulation but rather with your hormones.

Unfortunately, if you have had stable puffy nipples for over 9 years, it is unlikely that it will disappear spontaneously.  There are no drugs or injections that will treat it at this point -- only surgery. 

Your choices?  Disguise it with a snug compression garment or consider surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline wasa

• Posting Member
I have never heard a story such as yours.  And although I do not know the extent of your manipulation, I do not feel that it could possibly have caused a classic puffy nipple.  Tissues certainly can be stretched due to constant pulling (witness a stretched out earlobe due to heavy earrings), but a true puffy nipple created by excessive pulling is doubtful.

Rather, I think this may have been coincidental.  Gyne most often occurs in puberty -- and at age 12 (which you describe as the onset), I will bet that it had nothing to do with your manipulation but rather with your hormones.

I know my story may sound strange but its true . At that time I was obsessed with my nipples and I used to think of them 24/7 which resulted me in doing such stupid stuff (ie pulling and strecthing them out). My left nipple is more bloated than the right one . I feel reason for this is that I stopped messing with my right nipple early due to lot pain and discomfort in that region.

I know all this sounds strange but its true .

PS : Sorry for my bad grammar.

DeeDubStyle619

When I was 13, me and my friends all went through a gyno stage. We all complained our nipples were sore, around the same time. We asked our friend's older brother why we were all experiencing this, and he said its normal during puberty, but you have to pop the lump behind them by pressing really hard on them. I used to always push on them til they were very sore, and now 9 years later I have puffy nipples. I often wondered if this is what caused it, or if it was just natural. All my friends puffy nipples went away..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think what the Dr. said would apply to you as well.

It is not at all unusual for a man's nipples to be quite sensitive. Some degree of nipple/breast enlargement is more the rule than the exception. Guys with totally flat chests and areolas the size of a Dime (or less) are the extreme. While stimulation of the nipple may cause it to become firm and erect, the effect is temporary. Friction from clothing can also cause the nipple to become more erect as can temperature changes.
Grandpa Dan

Offline wasa

• Posting Member
When I squeeze my nipples , I dont feel any gland or ball (like most of gyco pateints do) .
Is it possible that just the skin of my nipples has been stretched out and not the gland below it?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Many men with gyne spend an inordinate amount of time pinching and squeezing and feeling their nipples and breasts -- all determined to see if they have gyne.

The bottom line is that gyne, which is usually a combination of fat and breast tissue, can have virtually any type of feel -- hard, soft, like marbles/grapes, or anything in between.  Even an experienced surgeon's hands, except in rare cases, cannot distinguish exactly how much breast tissue is present.

And truly, it doesn't matter, does it?  What matters is that the chest is enlarged.  If it is fat, it is the first place where it is deposited and the last place to leave.  And when it is a combination of tissues, it may diminish a bit with weight loss but will never be trim and contoured.

In your situation, it is unlikely that any stretched out skin would have secondarily produced your gyne.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024