Author Topic: Gynecomastia Questions  (Read 3138 times)

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
Hello, I've had gyno since  I was 14 years old (Puberty) first in my left then in my right now there the size of quarters,I'm 18 years old now. and I finally decided to consider surgery. I allowed these glands to plague my social life all through High school from talking to girls,going swimming, to wearing duct tape over my nipples so they want be noticeable. I'm still a Virgin for god sake, but that's neither here or there. So I decided to go see my doctor last week and I have an ultrasound scheduled next week, I believe my insurance will pay for it and by insurance I mean Medicaid, so I don't get to pick my own surgeon. I'm not picky because I'm not paying for it but I'm kind of scared they might not be as good and leave my chest worst looking than it already is.

Questions:

- Is there any other ways I can get rid of gyno instead of surgery, I heard you can go on a cruciferous vegetable diet to increase the testosterone levels in your body and use other supplements. Also exercising and drinking lots of water will reduce size as well. Is this true?

- Does the surgeon leave a piece of the gland to prevent inverted nipples or do they substitute it with a marble like material?

- If the surgeon does leave a piece of the gland will it come back again?

- I live in Winston Salem, NC so if you know any surgeons that would be great?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry but I cannot understand your reference. You described your breast enlargement as being the size of a Quarter. Since coins are flat, what is the problem?

I visualize fairly well so use terms like half a ping-pong ball or half a lemon etc. Things that have volume. We have guys here who would have to use comparisons like half a melon.

You asked about gland and what would happen if the surgeon left some. All mammals have some breast gland. It is present in both sexes. You would be most odd not to have any. If a Surgeon was to remove all of it they would leave a crater in its place. This ugly deformity is not what anyone would desire. Let the surgeons worry about such things, I would not tell a Michaelangelo how to sculpt marble. Likewise I think it unwise to tell a Surgeon how to do his job. Some of the gland has to be left in place to prevent this kind of deformity, It would only grow if your hormones were a problem.
Grandpa Dan

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I mean my glands behind the nipples has the diameter of a quarter not the width, there much thicker than a quarter. I'm not telling him how to do his job, I was just saying would Gynecomastia comeback after surgery.

Offline TigerPaws

I mean my glands behind the nipples has the diameter of a quarter not the width, there much thicker than a quarter. I'm not telling him how to do his job, I was just saying would Gynecomastia comeback after surgery.

From what I understand, that is always a possibility. Read through some of the stories on this forum, you will find both success and dismal failure.

Offline xelnaga13

Gyne can come back after surgery. That's why I had surgery at 14 and again at 26. You'll need to have a good endocrinologist on board prior/after surgery to monitor your blood levels.

There are also some warning signs that the remaining estrogen/progesterone receptors are being activated, such as pain/itchiness/sensitivity... so you wont be totally clueless if it's coming back.

There are also some preventative medications that you can keep on hand... but that would be a language to discuss with a qualified professional. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not sure how you could know the diameter of the glandular tissue but I'll not argue that point.

The glandular tissue could grow if the hormonal conditions favored such growth. This is often the case in men who are undergoing treatment for Prostate enlargement. It might also be the case if you have3 an ongoing glandular problem that you do not reveal to your surgeon. Most Surgeons will ask some very specific questions with the intent of ruling out those problems. If the surgeon is suspicious of an ongoing problem you would be referred to an Endocrinologist and surgery delayed until your hormones were under control.

Generally speaking, if your condition has not changed in a couple of years then it is most likely safe to have surgery without concern about regrowth. Note that I did say "Generally", We do not deal in absolutes here.

As I was typing, an excellent comment was made. His case illustrates well the reason for waiting until puberty is over and the hormones have stabilized before surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024