Author Topic: lipoexcision direct approach vs lateral pull thro tech  (Read 1935 times)

Offline male breast

• Posting Member
dear doctors,
i send the similar mail few months back regarding expert opinion about both the techniques.
i am form india/bangalore/few years back i underwent surgery/got crater deformity[i went to manipal hospital for the first surgery going thro the reviews here/later corrction at apollo by fat flap tech]
the purpose of resending the mail,off late we are getting more advertisements/web information about laser liposuction  as well as later pullthrough techniques most of them done by non plastic surgeons.however no one is sending the late photographs.
kindly inform us about this issue so that the person will get balanced idea about each method

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's my sense from reading responses on this forum that most of us use a combination of liposuction along with direct excision of gland through a peri-areolar incision.  The use of liposuction, whether ultrasonic-assisted, power-assisted, or laser-assisted will not uniformly alleviate the need for excision of any "gland" in the sub-areolar region, as this is not fat and tends to be resistant to removal using liposuction, thereby requiring some sort of excision. 

Beyond that, we would encourage you to have your procedure done by a surgeon trained in plastic surgery.  There are other surgeons who may do gynecomastia surgery--and may do it well--but without knowledge of the credentials, it's difficult to know the skill level of the surgeon. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery