Author Topic: Ethic Issues Online  (Read 2021 times)

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
I really don't know whether to go ahead or not, so I need some suggestions.

First of all, ever since I finished my documentary.  I have two doctors who offered me to remove Google Ads off my site and replace a link their page in exchange for a $250, and $300  to cover the cost of producing my documentary, this amount to half of the total cost so far.

It's not bad idea, since I am student and really like to cover my cost and the university have told me they start charge $3.50 per GB of transfer after 3 GB quota per month.  

Although I do not need to re-edit the film, I still feel like if I go ahead it would look a infomercial.  Even worse, I don't want to others to think I am profiting from this documentary, which I am not.  At same time, I am only making around $1.20 a day off Google Ads and it will take forever to get my money back.

Let me know what I should do..!

Charles
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:58:16 PM by ifireworks »
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Charles....

You put a lot of effort into your documentary. If you can make some money by advertising, then go for it Dude! Your Website is a money maker! Grab all that you can!  ;)

BTW, who are the two docs that want ad space on your Site?

Do I get any royalties?  jk buddy!  ;D

John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:49:20 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
As long as they're not asking you to sacrifice your artistic integrity as a documentarian  :-/  I don't see anything wrong with it and would not consider you a "sell out".

Do a little research on the docs.  Make sure they're stand-up guys who have more than dabbled in gyne but have actual experience.  

Check their local licensing board to make sure they don't have any complaints.   :)

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Do it.  Heck, there may be an interest enough in it that you made a new film and maybe even went into further detail.  Although it was a good film.  Besides, it may help someone to find a PS that they did not know existed.  I would do as suggested and make sure it is a reputable doc you would want someone to see if they saw your film.

Also, not trying to be picky b/c I sure can't spell.  But,,,,shouldn't the thread be Ethic not ethnic
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:53:59 PM by Preds »
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Thanks for all your input... in the end... i think i rather not take the risk of making myself look like infomercial producer.  I am sure someday I'll get enough clickthrus to cover it up.

Thanks!

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
I admire your intergrity.  Although I did not see anything wrong with it but in the end you are the one that has to live with it and not me.  I admire you for making film and hopefully it will help many people out there that are living or has lived with gyne.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024