Author Topic: a fund to help pay for your operation  (Read 33176 times)

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
very good idea 8) I sold our harley last month two pay for my surgrey .and my lovely wife is getting a 700cc boob job on monday !this is my one week post op and she took care of me .and know i will take care of her nexted week . please fill free to e mail us and ask her how she is doing .she has read your sites and said all you guys seem realy cool !  and maybe she can show off her hooters to you guys sence she got to she all of our's !.............as far as a fund pot I'm in (hell if i ever hit the lottory i promise to give to these guys who are in bad shape with there funds if i  win ) why don;t some one take charge of this fund pot and really get it started

Hey man - I am all-in. You are right, she has seen our pictures, now let see how successfull her operation went. Just for a reference.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
You can use:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/mrb/pal=4ZUDL23H69KFW

This would seem the most easiest and safest way to send money.

If each PayPal transaction is 1 dollar, pound, euro/etc. then about 3/4 of it will be eaten up in PayPal fees right from the start. I don't think that is a good idea.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
but paypal is the only method for some people, including myself.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
hi  im a 30 yr old male that  is looking to get  gynecomastia surgery !
but my health ins "ATENA" said that they dont cover that type of surgery because its not medcial or a life or death, but my doctors say it is a medcial problem !

Gynecomastia is not a 'medical problem'. It is a normal bodily condition that most guys with it, don't like and don't want. Gynecomastia can, however, lead to 'psychological problems' for the sufferer. The psychological impact of Gynecomastia is what the Insurance Companies should be looking at, as the 'pain' resides in the mind, not the body!

Women's legs grow hair right? It's normal right? Sure it is. However, in today's western society, women shave their legs. Why? Cuz they are taught that that's the acceptable thing to do. Would you say that leg hair on a Woman is a medical problem? I wouldn't. Women are lucky though, they can easily remove their leg ( and other ) hair growth with a sharp blade. What about Women who have the ability to grow a mustache? There are many out there! But then again, it's easily removed. A quick trip to the salon and it's gone. Us Gyne vitims aren't as lucky though. We need a PS to remove our unwanted 'condition'.

John.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 08:01:57 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Setting up a fund is a worthy and thoughful gesture, but the reality is there will be as many applicants for funds as there will be donors - if not more. That's the way of the world unfortunately. I wouldn't like to have the job of evaluating who the lucky recipient was for sure.

Maybe if everyone spent that money on postage for letters lobbying those TV "extreme makeover" programs to do something constructive and change the life of a gyne sufferer.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
I've had this idea in the past and gave it serious consideration until reality set back in and I determined that such a program isn't feasible using this forum as a vehicle to gather donations. A website would be a much more appropriate and effective tool however there are still the logistics to work out when creating such a website.

If enough people were interested and willing to contribute to the fund, it could quite possibly work. Many people don't feel comfortable pledging donations to unregistered organizations managed by total strangers.

Offline devil1191

hey every body i want to make a fund, every body puts in 1 pound and then a name is selected each week and the winner gets all of their operation payed for and the rest of the money goes into trust to help people with our problem, no one seems to care! what do you think?

Bigman that was just I thought, I know there is a lot of people here with the same problem, Gyne and no money and I know some peeps here are rich. Why dont we do this. let everyone donate $1.00 a week or everyday. This is just a great idea hope this will happen

Offline devil1191

Gynecomastia is not a 'medical problem'. It is a normal bodily condition that most guys with it, don't like and don't want. Gynecomastia can, however, lead to 'psychological problems' for the sufferer. The psychological impact of Gynecomastia is what the Insurance Companies should be looking at, as the 'pain' resides in the mind, not the body!

Women's legs grow hair right? It's normal right? Sure it is. However, in today's western society, women shave their legs. Why? Cuz they are taught that that's the acceptable thing to do. Would you say that leg hair on a Woman is a medical problem? I wouldn't. Women are lucky though, they can easily remove their leg ( and other ) hair growth with a sharp blade. What about Women who have the ability to grow a mustache? There are many out there! But then again, it's easily removed. A quick trip to the salon and it's gone. Us Gyne vitims aren't as lucky though. We need a PS to remove our unwanted 'condition'.

John.

U can always shave the hair, can u shave or even just hide ur male breast? No, If you dont understand someone's feeling might as well not write a comment. If you havent have one, I wish u have one because its really different when u experience when someone making mockery out of you. friends and family touch you and make fun of, kids will look at you trying to figure out if your a man or a woman. By just that it will cost a depression.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey guys what happend with the fund ? i get the feeling it didn't work !!!
hope i'm wrong
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
I've had this idea in the past and gave it serious consideration until reality set back in and I determined that such a program isn't feasible using this forum as a vehicle to gather donations. A website would be a much more appropriate and effective tool however there are still the logistics to work out when creating such a website.

If enough people were interested and willing to contribute to the fund, it could quite possibly work. Many people don't feel comfortable pledging donations to unregistered organizations managed by total strangers.

i guess i wasn't

Unfortunately, I think you weren't.

I absolutely agree with stoavio: very few people feel comfortable with handing money over to a stranger, especially one who is not proven on the forums or associated with any organization.  If Merle (or someone of his stature) were to initiate it, then I think people would feel more at ease.

I, too, like the idea of a website.  Personally, I've been kicking around the possibility of creating one, both as a way to help myself deal with this struggle to surgery and as a way to allow other gynecomastia sufferers know that they're not alone.

I love the thought of creating a fund to help guys with gynecomastia, but it would have to be something legit, not something strictly set-up with Paypal and a Hotmail account.  An actual foundation would need to be created (it's far, far simpler than most realize), with accountability factors in place, ensuring that no one individual can walk away with the money.  Hell, if that was accomplished and a clear charter was created, outlining exactly what the purpose was and how the lucky individual(s) would be picked, I'd donate $1,000 each year.

Someone should check more into this...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 05:15:00 PM by Warlord »

Offline Gongning

I just want to be a normal guy and do the things that other guys do i do not know where else to turn i don't have the money to get rid of my gynecomastia i just wish for the day when i could get rid of them i just need some help i want to be able to just live my life if any one could help me i would be so Greatful

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
I'm sorry man it's a good idea but ive gotta be honest i dont think it will happen im up for it if it gets done properly but itll be very difficult to convince others also i think we'd need a head count with a running total that needs to be how much people would have to pay to reach the cost of surgery so once you've reached that you shouldnt pay anymore to keep it fair

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what he said.  fantasyland.  not even in the latest nutcase multi-billion dollar domestic spending craze ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
I know this topics been left for dead but im intrigued, i've read through the comments and it seems that everyone is saying the same thing "im in but i think it would be hard to convince other people" the only convincing i need is the two things infront of me. I say why not give it a go at trusting someone, the biggest donator over the whole time period (i.e. if someone is really poor but they make solid donations over a long period of time they would eventually get to the top) get the reward it puts in a constant incentive to donate more obviously someone trustworthy is required but im sure we can find someone after all there are people on this forum who have had the surgery and want nothing more than too forget about this condition and move on but they come back here day after day too offer support too people who are suffering from what they used to suffer through that suggests too me that theyre are honest and good willing people on this forum and i for one would love to see this idea take off and anyone who is lucky enough to benefit from it will be forever grateful to the members of this forum and im sure will want to contribute too and offer support to other users.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024