Author Topic: clomid to help slow/stop gyne growth?  (Read 2089 times)

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
i have a prescription for clomid to help balance out my hormones (help stimulate more testosterone production) from my endocrinologist to try since i have regained some sensitivity in my chest after a trial run with testosterone shots for 5 months.  i'll get my labwork done again soon to see what my levels are.
in the meantime, has anyone had any experience with clomid?  i've seen stories about great results and i've also seen gyne as a possible result.
i've left a message with my dr to discuss whether or not i'll take it, how long the halflife is, how long i might take it...
i'm under a great deal of stress and have for along time due to life circumstances, i've learned how to cope with what i can, but anymore gyne growth is devastating to me.  i have a compression shirt, wear shirts that help conceal it, exercise, avoid everything i can that might trigger more gyne.  i'm trying to keep my neck above the water here, feels like i'm loosing this battle despite what i do :(

thanks for any help you can offer

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
Your best bet is surgery, do your homework and get the best surgeon you can afford.

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
surgery is what i want, but i'm unemployed and a stay at home dad homeschooling my kid.  i've been unable to work due to disability and haven't been able to get any government assistance.  i'm working with dars (they help you find employment with disability and help with your needs) for parttime employment, but it's likely i won't have any left over to save for surgery.  if i can afford it someday that's the first thing i'll do :), but right now i'm trying to balance out my hormones with the help of my endocrinologist, but i'm running out of resources to see my dr so i want to do what i can while i can afford this.  even surgery with 'imperfect' results would be wonderful, i'm after better, not perfection :)

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
Where do you live, America ? Europe ? I live in the UK and I've got my surgery next month and it's costing me £1400 all in because I'm away to Poland because I've heard so many good reviews about the surgeon who's doing it. If you live in Europe I would think about looking abroad due it being so cheap.

Offline zoidberg

• Posting Member
that's a great option - but i'm not in Europe, so...  i'm atleast hoping my endocrinologist can help me get my hormones under control.  i get labwork done soon to see how i'm doing, hopefully back more toward nomal

Offline royorbison

• Posting Member
For what I know lower doses work just like the bigger ones. 12,5mg every day in enough to increase the testosterone output of some guys (and unfortunatelly your estrogen even more). 

Its not a great idea to take Clomid without tests showing you really need. 

If you LH, FSH are low and your total testosterone is also low, and everything began after the testosterone shots you took, than maybe you benefit from it. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For the time being, you need to put your trust in the doctor prescribing your medications.  It would be a waste of time and money to have surgery before your hormones have been stabilized and remain that way for a year or more. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024