Author Topic: What I have learned from this site- in a nutshell  (Read 6012 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I have been hanging out on these boards for about a year now. I can't tell you how helpful it has been. If you are NEW to this site, i thought i would just wrap up one year of what I have witnessed into one neat posting.

1) Will exercise burn off the Gyne?... In short No. I have witnessed before and after photos of tremendous weight loss on this site. The gyne remains virtually untouched. In rare instances, when the chest is just chubby due to being overweight, there can be some improvement with diet and exercise, but even this is appears difficult.

2) "The doctor said it was just fat" This is the fatal statement that so many guys have been told by their physicians. In the end, the reality of some glandular component is revealed.

3)  Liposuction alone fails almost every time. How true! And this is one of the biggest if not the most important thing I have witnessed. All too often the patient is told that lipo alone is all that is needed. This outright fails almost all the time with very rare exceptions. Glandular excision is almost always needed even if you can't feel the gland. Gland can be diffuse strands thru the fatty tissue, and this gland does not suction well.

4) Choosing the right surgeon. This is a big step. based upon the outcomes of others who have been so kind to post their experiences with surgeons. This site helps guys make educated decisions.

5) Be willing to travel. Unless you live close to an experienced Gyne Surgeon, you would be wise to invest in a plane ticket to avoid the costly mistake of a surgeon without experience. This investment has paid off for several guys on this site. Too often I have witnessed botched surgeries by the doctor in the neighborhood who was most convenient. Don't make this mistake.

6) Then make the decision that will change your life forever.

Offline flex1appeal

Good post bro! Haven't seen you in a long while. How are things going? Any luck with getting your surgery set yet?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Hey Flex! No I have not been cleared for general anethesia from my pcp. We still have not been able to diagnose some chronic fatigue i have been encountering. All labs are normal, with the exception of low testosteropne, which may in itself be causing the fatigue. Still trying to get clearance.

Bottom line. My doctor said he won't clear me for surgery untill the fatigue is diagnosed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Too often I have witnessed botched surgeries by the doctor in the neighborhood who was most convenient. Don't make this mistake.

Where did you 'witness' these, 'botched' surgeries?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flex1appeal

Hey Flex! No I have not been cleared for general anethesia from my pcp. We still have not been able to diagnose some chronic fatigue i have been encountering. All labs are normal, with the exception of low testosteropne, which may in itself be causing the fatigue. Still trying to get clearance.

Bottom line. My doctor said he won't clear me for surgery untill the fatigue is diagnosed.

How low is your T levels? I will tell you more than likely the low T levels are indeed what is causing most if not all of your fatigue. Depends on how low is low. Mine was at 363 when I checked in may which is in the normal range but low normal for my age. I still fell fatigued myself often. My buddy was at a 160 level and he was really fatigued until they got him on some Testosterone therapy. His energy levels increased dramatically. Keep me posted.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Grandpa, The botched surgeries I was referring to are the ones where glandular excision was needed but not performed, and the final results still had a feminine contour requiring revision. Perhaps 'botched" was not the best word. Also I remember seeing some photos of poor lipo jobs that were uneven leaving grooves. Seen hundreds of photos over a year so I can't remember exactly who or where, but they sure stick in my mind.

Flex, my Testosterone levels run in the 180 to 245 range. And those levels were checked at about 10am. I am 50 years old.
I was treated with Androgel, and thats when I noticed the gyne comming in. Discontinued the Androgel. Don't know how much the androgel contributed or if its from the low Testosterone.

As far as the fatigue is concerned, after exertion I feel weak. Weakness of the limbs sets in at rest after exercise. Strange health problem that may or may not be contributing to the Gyne. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has low Testosterone?

Rode my bike 50 miles on my 50th birthday. Triggered a series of episodes of weakness when at rest that lasted over a month. I am recovered now. Just general fatigue remains.

Offline flex1appeal

Those do sound like symptoms that can be attributed to low test levels. If you were prescribed androgel and your endo was not watching for estrogen levels and not making sure the ratio between test and estrogen was balanced while on andro then you'd have problems.

flex

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Flex, I remember when I first started the androgel I felt stronger and was more tolerant of exercise, plus more sex drive. however after time passed, those things faded and my breasts enlarged.

My symptoms:
* General fatigue.
* Muscle aches.
* Muscle weakness at rest after exercise.
* Long periods of recovery after exercise.
* Muscle spasms (rare)
* Shortness of breath at rest after exercise. (sometimes)
* Re-engaging in activity can abort symptoms.
* Muscle tremors upon waking ( lasts 20 seconds)
* Le Wango won't do the Tango.   

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Flex, I sure would love to talk to your friend with fatigue from low T levels. Shoot me a PM about it. It would be very interesting. 

Offline flex1appeal

I am pretty sure he won't talk to someone he doesn't know. He is a private person when it comes to that sort of thing. But I had lower test levels for a period of time following my steroid use (not quit as low as yours or my friends) and felt all of the symptoms to some degree that you mentioned. With my test levels back to normal ranges, I have had none of those symptoms since. I also discussed it with my endo many times and he listed everyone of the symptoms you described as primary symptoms of lowered t levels or inbalanced ratio of test to estrogen levels. I'd bet my left nut that if you fixed these problems you'd rid yourself of these symptoms.

flex

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
flex, I would love to rid myself of these symptoms. Not sure exactly how. Going back on androgel concerns me. I have a minor case of gyne now and I don't want to make it worse. I wish i knew why my T levels are so low. My endo ordered an MRI of my pituitary to check for tumors there. MRI came back clean. Then he stopped addressing the problem.

My endurance is so poor, I can only work part time and I am just hanging on financialy because of my fatigue. I fall asleep every day around 1pm.

I got this gut feeling low T is what has been haunting me for 5 years now. Flex, you may be 100% correct. I am going to adress this at my next Dr. appointment in August.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
Grandpa, The botched surgeries I was referring to are the ones where glandular excision was needed but not performed, and the final results still had a feminine contour requiring revision. Perhaps 'botched" was not the best word. Also I remember seeing some photos of poor lipo jobs that were uneven leaving grooves. Seen hundreds of photos over a year so I can't remember exactly who or where, but they sure stick in my mind.

Flex, my Testosterone levels run in the 180 to 245 range. And those levels were checked at about 10am. I am 50 years old.
I was treated with Androgel, and thats when I noticed the gyne comming in. Discontinued the Androgel. Don't know how much the androgel contributed or if its from the low Testosterone.

As far as the fatigue is concerned, after exertion I feel weak. Weakness of the limbs sets in at rest after exercise. Strange health problem that may or may not be contributing to the Gyne. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has low Testosterone?

Rode my bike 50 miles on my 50th birthday. Triggered a series of episodes of weakness when at rest that lasted over a month. I am recovered now. Just general fatigue remains.

sky, I am impressed  that you  rode  your bike for 50  miles with  your condition,  that is nothing  short of amazing for anyone!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

IC...  Yeah, when you said "Botched", I was thinking.... 'Grossly Deformed'.

Sorry dude....   :-[    My bad!

GB

Offline flex1appeal

Definately address these concerns with the doc next visit. Best to have an experienced endo diagnos and treat you. They need to make sure all aspects of your test levels AND estrogen levels are in check. Someone just taking androgel and not concerning themselves with their estrogen levels while on it will encounter possible sides (i.e. gyne or something else). Have a complete bloodworkup done to test for levels of all hormones (i.e. SHBG, LH, FSH, HcG, Estradiol, etc....)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024