Author Topic: My Story, Hope i can help  (Read 5291 times)

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Hello All. Just thought I'd post my story, try to help anyone considering surgeory, or answer any questions that I can.

I was always overweight as a child, I'd rather sit and play video games then go outside and play sports. Always had a big frame, was nearly 17 stone (238lbl's) and am only 5ft 9. I had a big belly and big breasts. I wasnt happy. When I turned 18, I decided to do something about it, as I was embarrassed to go out in just a t-shirt. I remember in the summer, at around 26 degrees I would be outside in a t-shirt, Jumper and a Jacket, to hide my male breasts. I Looked at my diet first, and before I started to excersize i Lost around 4 stone (56lbls). I was happy that I was starting to get a waist, but my breasts hadn't reduced in size at all. I then joined a Gym, started to run a lot, even did a Semi-Marathon in France! I lost more weight, and was now down to 12 Stone (168lbls) but my breasts still hadnt reduced. By now it was really clear they were there, as my frame was small. I hid from the world, I didnt even walk past my mum without putting a Jumper on to cover my breasts up.

After doing some research, I found out I had this condition called Gynecomastia, and even better, there was a cure. Surgeory. I had been working part time while at college, so the money wasn't an issue. All that was left, was to contact the plastic surgeon and get the ball rolling. Thats what I did, and a month later I was laying on the operating table. The lypo-suction operation required there to be 3 insisions around the breast, and if needed incase of glandular tissue, along where the red skin of the nipple meets the normal skin of the breast so that it is not noticeable.

During my surgeory, I did not feel one bit of pain. The operation only lasted around 45 minutes. I had in total around 330ml (~700cc) taken out of my breasts. I also had to have some glandular tissue removed from behind the nipple, as it was making them stick out.

I am now 2 weeks post op, and I am the happiest I've ever been. Yesterday, I found myself standing in a department store, smiling. I had taken off my jumper, and for the first time, was in public in just a t-shirt, and not caring what anyone else thought. The best feeling in the world.

Here are some pictures before the op, and immediatly after. Please feel free to get in contact with me, if you have any questions or want to talk on a more personal level. Email: r_bonici@hotmail.co.uk , msn: r_bonici@hotmail.co.uk. If you guys want me to post pics right now, then I'll be happy to do so. Take care guys, I hope this in some way has helped.

Ricky
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:46:52 PM by boobs-no-more »

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply, and concern.

I have my first post-op check up this Friday, I will post in this topic how it goes, what is discussed and the like. Ill always show you guys a post-op pic without the dressings and stuff.

I have been advised to keep on the support grip for 4 weeks, and was told that the bruising wont go away for 6 weeks, and the swelling can take up to a year!

By the way, I had my surgery done by Dr. Shouldin, based in the New victoria Hospital in New Malden, London. It cost around £3,500. If i had to make the same desicion again, I would 100000 times over.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:12:08 PM by boobs-no-more »

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
And also, does anyone reccommend any questions I should ask my consultant when i get my check up done tommorrow? :)

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Hello all.

Just got back from my first post-op check up, a little over 2 weeks since the surgeory. What a difference! I can now drive and go back to work, start my new adventure living a normal life. Here are some pictures I've just taken, still a little swollen, but that shall go down within 6-9 months. Also, still a little bit of gunk left on, as I only took my plasters and dressings off at the doctors, but hopefully you get the idea.

As a reminder, he took out some glandular tissue from the back of my nipple, hence the bruising there, and also 3 insisions around each breast.

Remember, anyone want to ask any questions then im happy to help if i can, or r_bonici@hotmail.co.uk if you want to talk via email/msn

Regards, Ricky

P.s the last pic is a pre-op photo so its easier to see the difference!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:01:23 AM by boobs-no-more »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looks awesome dude....   Congrats!!!

Welcome to the 'Other Side'....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot! I'll keep everyone posted with new updates of pics, Ill do the next lot this Saturday which will be 3 weeks post op!

Quick Question, my disolveable stitches are still in my nipple area, how long till they go? Anything I should do to keep them well maintained etc?

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
hello all, slightly late but here are some pictures of just over 3 weeks post op!

Regards

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
Post Op looks like a great success.  Gives me encouragement as I still look forward to my own surgery

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Hi guys! Just thought id keep u all up todate with the progress/pictures!

Its 6 weeks from the op. Still swollen and hurt a bit, but im not wearing the support grip now, which i took off after 4 weeks. Here are some picutres i just took. You might notice ive got a bit of a tan, no more hiding my body anymore! hehe

Hope you are all ok :)

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Any more news on these stitches? If not then I'll ask my doc on Thursday about mine and let ya know m8 :D

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
very helpful and informative post for people going through the post surgery time.
i too have just had surgery and today it has been one week, your pics give great hope...

couple of questions, if you would have time to answer, that'd be great...
What does the compression shirt you were wearing do?  my doctor suggested I get one but i haven't yet as there is no where to get one close by.
What help you minimize the bruising?

Thanks and congrats on a your new outlook!

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Hi guys :)

kris, i really want to shave my chest! However, I'm going on holiday on june 27th, to Kos, Greece. My friends don't know I've had this op. I need any help I can to disguise the scars that are still visable! Do you think if i took my top off infront of them they would ask questions? Or do you think they wouldn't notice?

Im really not sure what to do ^^ I don't want to be left in an orkward situation..

Hello Rowdy! The compression grip I had was just to help support me. It keeps swelling down, and also can act as a kind of protection bubble which helps incase you get knocked and things, it won't hurt as much. To reduce bruising, hrm.. I'm not sure. Mine all went quite quickly which was nice, I think you just have to wait for that one :)

Take care guys, hope you are all well

xx

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
hmm - in that case I wouldnt wanna shave my chest - just leave it as it is - if the swellings gone down no-ones gonna notice a thing, and if theres still marks on one side or the other you can just say that you had to get a lump removed but didnt wanna make a fuss about it. I doubt your mates are going to question you :D

My sister's just come back from Kos, she said it was awesome. How long you gonna be there for?

Oh and on the compression side of things, i'm using the underwork single layer which is very supportive, and I think it's stopping some of the fluid build up as I have minimal swelling. I'll just stick to loads of vitamins and good food until i'm sorted, to try and keep my body's repair system up!

Offline finallygotitdone

• Posting Member
WOW , ya looks great . and your story is helping me alot . If you read my story you will see that I just had my surgery done 2days ago and i hope my results are just as good . I do have a question though if you dont mind putting your thoughts into it . My nipples are sunk in . Were yours like that ? and if so . How long do they take to come out? Id love to chat more and ask more questions sometime if ya dont mind . Im going to post my pics soon too . I feel better already too even though its only been two days , nothing like not seeing boobs when you look down. They removed a pound of tissue form each side of my chest and i still have the drainage bags on . Well congrats on your surgery and i wish you the best.

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Good job on having the surgeory :) Actually, my nipples never went in, however I think it just needs a few days for all the fluids and things to correct themselves! However, going in is better then going out, right? ;)

Kris :D - im going to Kos for 2 weeks :) go on wednesday and my flight is at 3 AM  :o My marks are still really visable :( not sure if i want to take my top off infront of them.. here look at this pic down below (..)

Congrats and Regards,

Rick

xxx

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024