Author Topic: unhappy  (Read 5765 times)

Offline kal

I'm 19 years old. After years of insecurity and being depressed I went to the doctor at the age of 18 and was diagnosed as having gynacamastia. After several months I was able to have an operation payed for by the NHS to remove the excess tissue and fat so that I would have a normal chest.
After the operation I had to wear a body bandage 24/7 for 5 weeks. After all of the pain and the expectation I couldn't have been more dissapointed with what I saw when the bandage finally came off. My chest was nearly exactly the same as it had been before the operation except now I have 4 scars and had missed 5 weeks of my summer. Before I had the operation I was told that all of the breast tissue would be removed but most of it was still there. I feel like I was lied to. I have only just discovered that there are some drugs that can be tried before you have surgery to reverse the effects, I wasn't even told this by the doctors. Now I am angry and upset and I feel that I will never be normal. I've been backl to my GP since and told them that I am still very unhappy but all they say is, you look normal to me. Somebody please help me.How do I arrange surgery for myself!?HELP.

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear about that.

I think the only way to combat this is to go private, and pay for the operation. Its £3000 well spent, TRUST me. It may take you a year or two to save up, but its worth the wait. Perhaps get a loan out of your desperate, and get it done quicker. Either way, I think paying for it is better, you get the care and attention you need.

Regards

Offline bbopman200

• Posting Member
"Paid for by the NHS" What is that? I live in the US.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
can u post a pic on your chest ???
i finally feel like im a man

Offline migfuel

I get my surgery done by "Portugese NHS" ( I'm portuguese)  and my chest is now very well, I didn't use nothing besides two badges for one week and half, and now they are perfect, I've paid 15€ (3 days in hospital)

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
This news terrifies me, I may soon be getting this sorted by the NHS.

I'd be incredibly grateful if they considered me, I don't think I'd have the balls to inquire in depth about the procedure and how happy people are with the results in case they gave it to someone else...
Is it possible their techniques are incredibly out of date? I can't see it, they must do a certain amount in women also? But why ius yours so bad? Pictures would help tbh man..
I'm always wary on boards like these of pretenders who try and manipulate people into spending cash when there are free alternatives.. minutely available..no offence intended you've jsut got to be careful.
If the portugese NHS can do it I'm confident and sure English are just as good
Do your nipples still show up underneath clothing? pushing the material outwards? Thats my biggest issue, not being able to wear t-shirts without changing my posture.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear this mate, go private and you won't regret it.

I haven't heard a single good story about the NHS for gynecomastia yet ? I am currently seeing the NHS about it but I don't know if I want to get the op  done on the NHS due to all the bad stories, I'd rather pay the £2.5/£3k to get it done right the first time... I've only seen 1 before and after for Dr Benito in spain and the results looked amazing.. I've seen good stories from Poland as well.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
I think I'd like to at least try the NHS before I pay the money though, could save alot of cash, we pay enough in tax towards the NHS, be good to get something this big out of it.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
But if they mess it up or it just isn't effective as getting it done privately?

i guess it's okay if you have the time to heal twice... unfortunately I'm going to have to lie a lot and have some very good excuses to get a few weeks off work to have the op once let alone twice, so I gotta get it right the first time... so far from what I see the NHS tend not to achieve very good results?

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
so what else have you seen?

I've only read this thread about the NHS being bad tbh.. thats not really substantial evidence enough for me, please post some links etc!
bna's.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Well although my surgery was military within an NHS Royal hospital, I think I may be able to give an insight in a couple of weeks when my bandages come off.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
Well although my surgery was military within an NHS Royal hospital, I think I may be able to give an insight in a couple of weeks when my bandages come off.

was your surgery free with the NHS then?!
I'm praying it was, cos I might get the same, but so many people have been slating the NHS.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Well my surgery was free, but I'm a serving member of the armed forces, so basically paid for by them.  The surgeon was also HM Forces.  So I'm not too sure on that, fortunately it hasnt cost me anything.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024