Author Topic: My photos - was very large, now mostly excess skin  (Read 6426 times)

NeedHelp24

standing straight

bending over

showing the quantity of excess skin

showing how it looks with arms held up -- note that one arm is holding webcam, and that arm is not as high up as the other...hence the sort of asymmetric look

-repost of my background information-
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10049.0.html

I am 24 and used to be 340 lbs at a height of 6'3. Now I weigh 170 lbs. My gyne used to be VERY severe, but now it is pretty much nonexistent. However, there is excess skin...a lot of it. all the excess skin looks almost as bad with the gyne...thus, i still suffer the same effects of gyne basically...cannot take off shirt, etc. When I have a shirt on, I look normal and skinny...when I lie on my back or hold my arms up, it looks almost normal, but shirtless just being normal...it is pretty bad...or bending over...wow...taht is SCARY looking...empty skin drooping while bending over!

I am wondering what my options are here. Are there plastic surgeons who can SKILLFULLY remove the excess skin and achieve something that is aesthetically pleasing, doesn't look hideous? I don't think I need any fat removed and cannot detect any glandular material--if there is any, it is minimal. I think my problem was mostly the weight. I know I got endo tests when I was 14 and nothing abnormal was detected, so I doubt it would change since then. I imagine fat deposits was the cause.

Anyway, I would say that i would need maybe 2.5 to 4 inches of skin removed. I assume that is a bit more than usual! Can they like remove the nipples, cut out that amount of skin, and then reattach the nipples...that to me would seem the most logical way of doing this and leave the least scarring. I want to have normal looking breasts so that I can take my shirt off in public!

I had always been overweight all my life, and have had extremely large breasts since I was 8 or 9. While my weight was 340, it was only that high for about 6 months, if even that...i had gone from 270 to that very quickly through massive overeating and obscene consumption of sugary pops, and then decided to start losing the weight and lost it very quickly about two years ago, through dedicated diet and exercise (i.e. cardio), which I still do daily.

Also -- I understand that gyne surgery is usually around $5 K minimum for something decent...what would be the costs for a surgery like mine since it may not require quite as much work--less, i would assume. I hope I can find something less since financially I could not hope to afford $5K for probably a year. Then again, I don't want to go somewhere cheap and get it done wrong just to save money.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I saw some photos of skin removal work at makemeheal.com

I see that you posted your pics on makemeheal also...  Awesome!

Great results...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I didn't use Dr. Bermant, but I read up quite a bit on his very informative website. If you're not close enough to his office to visit, he does photo consultations for $200, I believe. I think he does quite a bit of work such as what you'd be seeking.

Yeah, give Dr. Bermant a call. Sounds like he is a very skilled PS...

GB

Offline kingboob

Hi, I just wanted to say you are not alone!  I am 6'4 and I WAS 476lbs, now down to 230lbs, 246 lost over 2.5 years, my chest is much worse than yours and I have hard lumpy gland tissue which I can feel when I lay flat (like in bed)...

definately need surgeory for that!

Offline CaliKid8

• Posting Member
Kudos to you and Kingboob! You guys are doing a great thing and I hope all goes well with you guys.  Even if you guys don't look perfect by todays standards at least you understand the importance of being healthy.  Again great job and congratulation on you big losses.

DrBermant

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10049.0.html

I am 24 and used to be 340 lbs at a height of 6'3. Now I weigh 170 lbs. My gyne used to be VERY severe, but now it is pretty much nonexistent. However, there is excess skin...a lot of it. all the excess skin looks almost as bad with the gyne...thus, i still suffer the same effects of gyne basically...cannot take off shirt, etc. When I have a shirt on, I look normal and skinny...when I lie on my back or hold my arms up, it looks almost normal, but shirtless just being normal...it is pretty bad...or bending over...wow...taht is SCARY looking...empty skin drooping while bending over!

I am wondering what my options are here. Are there plastic surgeons who can SKILLFULLY remove the excess skin and achieve something that is aesthetically pleasing, doesn't look hideous? I don't think I need any fat removed and cannot detect any glandular material--if there is any, it is minimal. I think my problem was mostly the weight. I know I got endo tests when I was 14 and nothing abnormal was detected, so I doubt it would change since then. I imagine fat deposits was the cause.

Anyway, I would say that i would need maybe 2.5 to 4 inches of skin removed. I assume that is a bit more than usual! Can they like remove the nipples, cut out that amount of skin, and then reattach the nipples...that to me would seem the most logical way of doing this and leave the least scarring. I want to have normal looking breasts so that I can take my shirt off in public!

I had always been overweight all my life, and have had extremely large breasts since I was 8 or 9. While my weight was 340, it was only that high for about 6 months, if even that...i had gone from 270 to that very quickly through massive overeating and obscene consumption of sugary pops, and then decided to start losing the weight and lost it very quickly about two years ago, through dedicated diet and exercise (i.e. cardio), which I still do daily.

Also -- I understand that gyne surgery is usually around $5 K minimum for something decent...what would be the costs for a surgery like mine since it may not require quite as much work--less, i would assume. I hope I can find something less since financially I could not hope to afford $5K for probably a year. Then again, I don't want to go somewhere cheap and get it done wrong just to save money.

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel great getting that extra weight off?  Being patient while the loose skin shrinks is better than early surgery for problems that are able to shrink on their own.

Loose Skin After Weight Loss depends on many factors.  For some the skin is actually damaged by being stretched out too far.  For others, they just have elastic tissue that does not rebound well.  A more gradual loss of weight seems much better than rapid weight loss.  Shorter periods of distension tend to do better.  Pregnancy stretched skin retracts better than someone overweight for years.  Young skin shrinks better than older skin.

After weight loss, the skin can take some time to catch up.  This can take from 6 months to 18 months.

I have recently added new resources to show the distortion of loose skin.  Check out these photographs after massive weight loss.   Move your cursor over the small images to see how much loose skin she had.  Look at the different views of her lifting the drooping skin before surgery by checking the different tabs on top.  The movies on that page show the three dimensional problem of loose skin even better than the pictures. 

During surgery, she had very little fat remaining after the weight loss.  The distortion was skin and lost support.

Other patients going through massive weight loss tighten their skin just fine.  Each reacts individually.

The main issue is that the added fat and weight are not healthy. Get down to a fat percent or weight you feel better with and then wait to see how the skin shrinks.  If not surgery, then body shaping compression garments can help to a degree.

Loose skin after weight loss is a three dimensional problem.  Typically there are issues of drooping tissue of the chest / breast, stomach, thighs, buttocks, and arms.  When the chest is sagging, Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can restore the chest to a more normal contour.  However, Tummy Tuck or Body Lift surgery tends to pull the chest down.  Therefore, the coarser sculpture Lower Body Lift or Tummy Tuck are better done first to minimize the need to revise the chest lift.

Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can deal with localized loose skin.

More extensive loose skin problems need to consider more global options such as body lift surgery.

Take your time to go beyond the first page for each section.  The pictures and movies for each patient really show the problem and surgical sculpture solution.

Here is another patient with folds of loose extra skin after massive weight loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominal Sculpture

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
look at this http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10955.0.html
my breast look like u  ;D but the weight loss did do anything with me
did u take anything (injections) behind the diet
?
hope 2 rely
u know the gyne embrasement
hellpppp
thanks alot

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 DR Bermant  consultation was only 80 bucks [ i was there 2 weeks ago] it is worth 200 or more,  he takes all the time  you need  to give info and  answers questions

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024