Author Topic: Surgery date set for June 30th  (Read 3861 times)

Offline buyside

• Posting Member
This is a pretty surreal feeling. I can't believe it's right around the corner!  Anyway, I hope to use this as a sort of blog and hopefully it'll be useful to some other members/lurkers.

I'm at work right now but I'll update more with my background later tonight.

Offline flex1appeal

I had my 1st surgery 1 year ago on the 27th. I can't believe 1 year has gone by. My revision was in november and I know you are anxious to join me and others here on the other side of the river. It's an entirely wonderful feeling! Keep us posted

Offline buyside

• Posting Member
Forgot about this over the weekend! My bad.

I was sort of a heavy, bigger kid growing up but then I sort of leveled out and looked normal for my height. Around senior year of high school I started to get into running which lead to running indoors during the winter then to weights then to bodybuilding. Once I started bodybuilding, I began to pay closer attention to the shape of my chest. I naively thought at first that if I built up the chest muscle my shape would improve. It didn't. I also noticed that even when I was lean there was a roundness to my chest that was still present - not round like the shape of the pec muscle but round like a woman's breast.  I guess to some degree I had always been cognizant of it but now it really started to bother me. I'm sure a lot of you out there can relate!!!

One thing led to another and I found Dr. Bermant's website and realized that "Hey! Some of those guys look like me!". I had researched gyne a lot by then and brought up the issues with my folks. They work in the medical field and were actually pretty supportive in retrospect.  We went to go see a local plastic surgeon who, while nice, didn't exactly leave me with a confident impression. The consult was quick. He said he'd lipo it out and then went to take about the more severe case he had seen. This really wasn't me as I'm about 9%-10% bodyfat with a muscular build. My case is definitely on the "finess" side and nothing I had heard really convinced me that I would be better off post OP.

Fast forward a few years and I'm in Dr. B's office. We're discussing what I can expect from surgery, how he'd go about doing it, the recovery process, etc.  Very informative. I figured the time to do it was now since I had the money and the time to do so. I booked a date, got the financial stuff in order, and here we are today.

If you have gyne or think you do and it bothers you my first piece of advice would be to go see a plastic surgeon - one who sees a lot of gyne cases. Discuss what your expectations are and what you hope to acheive. This is a highly personal decision so it's not for everybody.  I think this is the best course of action for me and I hope this helps at least one person who reads it.

If anybbody has questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or reply to this thread. I won't reveal everything as I do want to stay semiannonymous but I'm more than happy to help!

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
take some pictures man, will make it easier for us to share in your joy when they are f*cking gone! A feeling I crave more than anything...

Offline buyside

• Posting Member
take some pictures man, will make it easier for us to share in your joy when they are f*cking gone! A feeling I crave more than anything...

I don't have a digital camera currently but I'm planning on taking some pics the day before and after. And yeah, I share that same craving.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024