Author Topic: Burn Fat before Surgery???  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Should I be burning fat before surgery? I'm 5'5 and 132lbs with 17.9% fat index.

I am running on treadmill 40 mins to 1 hr a day. I am afraid I am burning muscles and calories instead of fat!

The problem is when I do brisk walking my pulse rate goes up 140 and when I jog/run it goes up to 160. I have read that anything above 130 will cause you to burn muscles instead of fat!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 03:27:52 PM by kkl »
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
Keep it to a brisk walk, and you should be fine...you'll burn more fat that way...although 160 is borderline muscle buring...I'd recomend staying below 145 for fat buring.
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
What exactly constitutes a brisk walk?  I've been jogging 2 miles every day.  I started doing an hour on an elliptical machine but got extremely bored so I've decided to start jogging around my neighborhood.

Should I be doing fast walking instead, like I see all the women doing?  My girlfriend said she read that you start to burn muscle after about 13 miles of jogging/running, so I guess my 2-3 miles should be ok.  Any thoughts?

I find it more entertaining to jog around my block than sit around on a machine watching shitty TV show reruns.  My 2 cents.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I always have a walkman and listen to music when I exercise, so it is only boring if you fail to make it entertaining!

Also check ou tthe public library for books on tape!

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I have lost ten pounds in a month, should we be losing weight, or getting the op at a nice, plump size?

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Oh yeah dude, you're so skinny.....you can't burn that moob off with excercise! Just chill till your op, then build some muscle I'd say. Not that you'd need muscles.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024