Author Topic: Do I have gyne?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline jdawg

I went to the doctor today about a lump in my nipple and he told me that I have gyne. Please rate or just tell me what you think. Sorry for the bad quality but all I have right now is a crappy webcam to take pictures with.

Lumpy nipple:

Other nipple:

Also, you can't tell that easily in these pictures, but I have a chest deformity called Pectus Excavatum. For those who don't know, it's where the chest is caved in. Mine is classified as moderate but as I said, it is hard to tell from these pictures how deep my chest actually dips in. This already has torn away all my confidence so the fact that I have gyne or could develop gyne is making me hate my chest even more. People who have just gyne don't know how lucky you are to not have more serious problems with your chest. I am not trying to devalue your stress, etc. with gyne as I do understand it is also extremely depressing and embarrassing.

Pectus surgery is costly and is considered very serious surgery. You have to have a steel bar or more, depending on how severe your pectus is, put into your chest for 2 years or more. Recovery from this surgery can take up to a year and as I have read from many experiences of others, the pain is unimaginable. If gyne is your only problem I hope that I could comfort you in some way, maybe knowing that you could have a lot worse cosmetic problems with your chest. It's not only cosmetic, it also crushes your lungs and heart and makes you extremely tired, fatigue MUCH faster when doing physical activity, trouble breathing and shortness of breath, etc. etc. etc.

I thought I should just explain this to avoid questions asking what is wrong with my chest. Anyway, I am just concerned because I did not think the doctor would diagnose me with this (I didn't know the medical name for this until he told me) and I would like to get real expert opinions on the subject. Thanks guys.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024