Author Topic: A Good Bad Thing... (man breasts) lol  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Businessman

• Posting Member
well, it all started out probably around the 4th grade.. where I noticed a little pudgy-ness around my nipple. fast foward to 7th grade... I remember the names and (run up grab the boob and run thing) the I need a braw. Not so good times. 8th grade was only worse...

Fast foward.

But nothing could have prepared me for what was coming HIGH SCHOOL. well, I was a football player lol... yea.. so 1st day of practice I woke up early that morning and thought to myself "im gonna have to take my shirt off today" it made me cringe. I did it though... and it was horrible All I saw were eyes on me (and my man boobs) then the jokes...  :-[ it sucked ass. for 2 years in which I had made a friend who also had the condition who's case was a tad bit worse than me. We were "the milk dud twins" needless to say I worked my ass off I worked out twice as hard as the next guy to try to rid them, but no matter how cut I got they still remained. I guess you could say thats when acceptance came about. Here I was from head to upper chest and Ideal "cut" football player but drop below that and here were two sacks of stubborn tissue, a deformity.
but long story short I got over it (mostly) I take off my shirt at the pool, when I have Sex and when I meet new folks. I even walk with my chest out now ;D. I have a beautiful girl friend who doesn't mind them, and I rarely think about them in public (which I use to do alot... I mean so nervous I'd be sweating)

what my point is, Me being insecure about my "gobstoppers" was evident, and the fact that people saw that made them point it out. but when you start walking around and you show the fact that you have breasts and it doesn't matter people will start to believe that it doesn't matter.  as by the time I was a senior in high school everyone knew me(and my TITAYS) and it didn't matter, I was even in some (about 4) relationships in HS.
now 19 (Tomorrow) =) I just have to look back and see how far I've come.

I still have my man boobas  and have just been looking around the site mostly at the before and after pics and have to say... I might just keep my boobs, cause if someone leaves a crater in my chest I'd leave a crater in there head lol.

but anyway glad to be here and be around others who have been in my shoes and are going into them.
Here to help out.

Businessman.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:36:57 AM by Businessman »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you have to decide for yourself.  but if a gyne ps knows his stuff, cratering won't be an issue. 

no matter what you do, it's good you've got the confidence not to be bothered by how others react now. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline rowijo05

• had surgery on March 12, 2008
I admire your attitude.  I just look at it a totally different way.  I wasn't just insecure about my chest,  I saw my chest as being totally disgusting.  There is simply no way I would ever, ever...accept it and furthermore walk around and be proud of it.  My brother-in-law is proud of his breast.  He has only one breast affected.  He thought I was crazy spending money to have the surgery.  I've recently had the surgery and don't know yet if I will have a crater.  All I want is to wear a T-shirt in public.......sad, I know. 
rowijo05

Offline cnc990

• Posting Member
The Grab the boob thing suckssss.IM 19 and people around me do it all the time.

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
Hey Businessman,
you sound like one of the few sensible people who post on this site! You are a realist & hey, so fu*king what if you have breasts? Some poor sods have only one arm or are blind!
Im right with you, I wouldnt even consider getting mine hacked off even though I could have had it for free on UK NHS!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
like one of the few sensible people who post on this site
the troll is back.  and they say the surgery dudes are hostile.  echoes of gyne44d ranting about butchery  ::) 

so fu*king what if you have breasts
true that far

I wouldnt even consider getting mine hacked off
isn't that because you're a fetishist who thinks they're a turn-on anyway? 

Offline Spleen

Good attitude bro'.  I got my breasts fixed in my late 30s.  I can't say that I was ever proud of 'em, but I certainly wasn't gonna let it get in the way of having a good time.  We've all got aspects of our appearance that we don't like and some things we can fix, and other things we can't.  Obsessing on it is no way to go.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was a wrestler in High School. So I too got grabbed. I fought back rather violently though and the teasers soon found better victims. That was over 50 years ago, I see nothing has changed.

Not everyone who comes to this site is looking for surgery. There are several reasons why people might not be good candidates for surgery.  They come here for help in coping and living with Gynecomastia.

If the surgery had been widely available in the 1950's I might well have taken advantage of it. By the time the current methods became widely available, My concerns and priorities have changed.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
damn you must be pretty old. not too say it in a mean way.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
begonegyne_8,

I was born in 1937.

I have 8 Chidren, four boys and four girls, all now grown. My sons all inherited the gynecomastia.

I have 25 Grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren. The last two numbers are changing so fast that I sometimes have trouble keeping up with the latest tally. The grandsons are about 50/50 of those past early puberty having Gynecomastia to some degree. 

Funny thing is that I don't remember getting old, But that dude in the mirror sure is.

I still go Hiking and even Backpacking in California's High Sierra Mountains. Rarely do I ever encounter anyone within 30 years of my age on these wilderness trips.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
so what happens with your children or their children? do they get their gyne fixed?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I suffered through my teens and twenties as do most young men, Thinking that I alone was some sort of freak. I did not realize until much later that the condition was actually common (though hidden) in the family.

Being much more open with my own children, they grew up with good male examples who had it and did not hide it all the time.

The only family member who has had breast reduction surgery to date was my oldest daughter. Her 38HH breasts were reduced to 38C

Offline chubs

• Posting Member
wow...Paa-Paw
It's good to hear that you're still having fun and enjoying the outdoors.  I wish most people your age would share the same outlook on life.  Not saying anything negative about your age, but my grand pa is around your age, and ever since my grand mom was killed around 10 years ago, he just kinda gave up on life.  I wish he'd have the same enthusiasm about life as you.  Granted that I'm much younger than you, but I still try very hard to keep myself in good shape compared to most of my friends that are in the same age groupe(mid to late 20s).  I work out religiously, about 5 days a week, and also do lots of conditioning, and MMA training, and it sucks that I don't feel comfortable in taking off my shirt.  I work out so much and even have a six pack, but too embarrassed to take off my shirt in public because of the gyne.  Sure there are other priorities in life, and some may argue that gyne should be the least of a man's concern, but I think most people that grew up in the 80s or 90s are much more conscious of their physical appearance. 

Offline slizzy

yea when ppl tryed the whole grab the boob and run away thing they usaly got knocked out lol what can i say i got quick hands

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At this point in my life, surgery is not one of my priorities. That said, there have been many improvements in surgical methods over the years and surgery of today has little relationship to what it would have been when I was in my 20's.

The oddity is that I have no idea if there is a relationship between the Macromastia of the women in the family and the presence of Gynecomastia in the men. I have heard it both ways: that there is a relationship and that they are unrelated.

In any case, if the surgical methods of today had been available when I was much younger I may well have taken that option.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024