Author Topic: Just watched a movie called 'Awake'  (Read 6036 times)

GynO_DuDe

Its about a guy that undergoes surgery but isnt given enough anaesthesia so remains awake during his heart surgery and feels the pain but is unable to do anything as his bodys paralysed!!!! (plus theirs an excellent storyline to go with the whole ordeal)

Really freaked me out as I wasn't aware that things like this was even possible ... made me read up loads of articles on Google as well.

Any one know any one in person thats ever been through such an ordeal?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The 'chances' of this happening are probably similar to the chances of being hit by lightning...  Slim to none...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
maybe not.  it's the small minority for sure, but i've heard the stories.  like a fat woman who heard all kinds of insulting language they used about her weight and then quoted it back to them after she came to. 

actually i know one guy this happened to during a brain op.  he said you can't imagine how intense the pain was, and there was nothing he could do.  believe he sued somebody's butt off, though i don't think he's a millionaire, or he doesn't spend like one. 

you're right it's not enough to worry about in that it's unlikely.  they usually try to be pretty precise about it by measuring your weight and everything.  but in fairly rare cases it has happened. 

and it would never stop me from trying to get rid of the gyne  >:(
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

it would never stop me from trying to get rid of the gyne  >:(

Agreed!  ;)

GB

GynO_DuDe

lol fair point ... heart surgery, and gyne removal two totally different things on a massive scale!!

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
hahahahaha i saw this movie with my girlfriend. we walked out of the theatre, and we were both like 'what the f*ck was that movie about' we were too busy with other things :D:D:D:D:D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

we were too busy with other things :D :D :D :D :D

Sucking face prolly huh?   ;)

GB

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
lol fair point ... heart surgery, and gyne removal two totally different things on a massive scale!!
you're right, heart stuff is elective but gyne's critical!   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024