Author Topic: WHY ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 4362 times)

Offline FATBOY909

• Posting Member
I'm a 14 year old kid and i have gyne.i try to make jokes about it but it gets annoying. the worse thing is that I'm starting highschool next school year and i know that i will be teased.Ive tried underarmour and i have to keep on pulling it down because it rolls up on me.today these girls in my class had a project on breast cancerand they said that men can have it to and half of the class called my name.Any suggestions or comments HELP ME OUT PLEASE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:08:10 PM by FATBOY909 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You refer to yourself as FATBOY,

Gynecomastia is often associated with obesity. There are a host of medical problems that are also connected with obesity. It might make it easier for someone here to be of help if we had a better idea what the problem really is.

Can you give us your height and weight?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
And some pics....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline FATBOY909

• Posting Member
I'm 6'1 and lets just say i weigh alot(hence the name) and the pictures i dont know if i can get those

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I'm a 14 year old kid and i have gyne.i try to make jokes about it but it gets annoying. the worse thing is that I'm starting highschool next school year and i know that i will be teased.Ive tried underarmour and i have to keep on pulling it down because it rolls up on me.today these girls in my class had a project on breast cancerand they said that men can have it to and half of the class called my name.Any suggestions or comments HELP ME OUT PLEASE

You are not alone.  The condition is extremely common.  I have no data to back me up, but I think more than 50% of men have it.  Not much you can do at your age except regular exercise, good diet & try to concentrate on other things.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
So, all the men at your local shopping mall walk around with their shirts off do they? 
Mine was not noticeable unless I had a very tight, thin shirt on... gyne does not just include those who had massive B cup sized breasts.

This is off the American society for plastic surgery website:

"Gynecomastia is a medical term that originates from the Greek words for "women-like breasts." This condition is far more common than many realize. Gynecomastia affects an estimated 40 to 60 percent of the male population. It may affect only one breast or both. Although certain drugs such as anabolic steroids, medications containing estrogen, alcohol, marijuana, etc., and medical conditions including cancer, impaired liver function, to name a few, may cause or contribute to enlarged male breasts, it is widely accepted that a large percentage of cases derive from unknown sources."

http://www.surgery.org/public/procedures/male_breast_reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You will not see obvious breast enlargement in half the people you see at the mall, But you will see it in about 1/3 of the men if you go there in warm weather when it would be normal for people to be lightly dressed.

Then too, how many men do you see that are wearing much heavier clothes than the weather would require?  Why are they so heavily dressed? What about those are are wearing very loose or oversize clothes, are they hiding something?

We are neither abnormal nor unusual, we are a bit larger in one area than average. Just as some are taller, shorter, fatter, skinnier, etc.

Add up the ones who are dressed in such a way as to conceal their shape and those who have obvious breast enlargement and you'll get over 1/3 of the men you see.

As to the original question: "WHY ME!!!?!?!?"  Why not you? We all have our quirks. Would you rather have been born with a disfiguring cancer on your face? My wife was born with such a cancer, but do not see the scars. The scars are there, and they ring a sightless eye as well, but I see only my beautiful bride. Oddly, I had to learn to accept myself long before I met my wife.

Offline FATBOY909

• Posting Member
THANKS you all have helped me out

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the problem is their generous use of the word affects.  most of that 50% are people who get some minor symptom so insignificantly or temporarily they may never know they had it.  the walmart test is still fair. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024