Author Topic: will I need surgery or will diet/cardio do the job? please help!!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline valley125

• Posting Member
This past month I've been in the gym doing lifting/cardio and dieting to lower my bodyfat%, but my chest seems to be a constant problem.

Here are a collection of pictures over the course of the last month of me losing weight:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6910/fitness2mq3.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6011/fitness1cd8.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7905/62769575fr4.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1403/81611338av5.jpg

and here is a side shot
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4079/image014px5.jpg

Well what do you think? These pictures are all in chronological order over the last month. Is my problem going to need the assistance of surgery or if I continue to work out will it all eventually come together nicely? If surgery is needed, would I be able to get surgery in time to be ready for summer or am I doomed for another bad summer? :/

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Sure looks like you some Gynecomastia hap'nin there dude...

Yeah, it's getting a tad late for a summer recovery... First you need to have a consultation with the PS, then you usually have wait a while before the actual surgery day... then there is a good 3-6 month recovery time. So, yeah, this summer is a no-go...  Sorry dude... :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline valley125

• Posting Member
So, no chance that this may just be a matter of built up fat in my chest area from when I was fatter? The heaviest I was in these pics is the first pic at about 207lbs at 6'3". The most I've weighed is 220lbs, and now I'm at 190lbs.

Sigh.....doomed for another shitty summer. Well, I want to get the surgery done if it's necessary, but during recovery time are you allowed to lift weights/do cardio at all? If not, how long do I have to wait? I don't want to get this surgery and then sit on my ass forever, because I'm in a cutting phase right now and really want to get my bodyfat% so my body will look really lean, and my abs will show.

Thank you for the help.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

At one point in my life I went from 230 lbs to 148 lbs. (at 6 feet) in an effort to rid myself of the gyne. Sure, it got smaller, but it never completely went away... Surgery was the only option... for me anyhow.

You can start lifting at about 3 weeks post-op. Even then, you need to listen to your body. If you feel any pain/discomfort stop, then try again in a week or two... It's just common sense actually...

Cardio... you could probably start as early as day 3 post-op... Just take it easy though. Walk on a treadmill, don't run. A stationary or elliptical bike should be okay...

GB

Offline valley125

• Posting Member
Well, the shortness of time in which I can start performing lifting/cardio again is quite comforting.

However when I do cardio I do high intensity interval training on an elliptical. will this be too extreme for my body's recovery process in early stages of post-op?

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Your improvements look amazing for only one month.  I can tell a huge difference between the first pic and the last.  Congrats on your progress!  Keep doing what you are doing and see how your chest looks after a few more months.  You'll know how bad of a case you have when your chest stops getting smaller and the rest of your body keeps looking better.  If I were you, I'd keep doing your cutting routine through the summer, get the surgery in September or October, take November off, get back into exercising in December and then by April you'll be 100% ready for the beach and the women! 

Offline valley125

• Posting Member
Again I must say thank you for the support, it is great to know that there are others who feel/have felt my struggle and also compliment me for my efforts.

I think I'm going to take your advice and just continue on with my plan until I get into the shape I want to be in. From there I can get the surgery like you said and be ready for next summer :D My chest and weight have been the only thing holding me back from being confident in myself and in the girl department. I've always been told that I have a nice face, but my chest problem is really holding me back from being more open around the ladies.

And I'm 18 years old so I'm sure you can all understand how badly I want to be in the shape I want to be.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

And I'm 18 years old so I'm sure you can all understand how badly I want to be in the shape I want to be.

Yeah, I hear ya there dude...

However, you are very lucky that you have the resources, this site/the net and refined GRS techniques available at such a young age. Others (including myself) didn't have those opportunities when younger. I only found out what is was that I had, and had it removed, when I was 41... Just a little over 3 years ago...  Had to endure it for 31 years! :-\

Just thought of a gyne story that I have never mentioned... One time when I was camping with friends, my buddy got everyone up early in the morning to help rescue his boat as it had partially sunk. He called me and I did not help as I thought that if I got wet, my m(o)(o)bs would be noticeable...  I felt so bad about that... not helping out...  :-\

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024